So what’s a Republican presidential candidate to do when even supporters are saying your hot-but-inexperienced running mate lacks the substance to win the White House? Why, you call on hot reality-star-turned-conservative-talk-show-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck to introduce her at a Tampa rally, of course! To me, this makes about as much sense as Barack Obama answering the radical-anti-American accusations by taking Michael Moore on the trail, but I guess that’s why Rick Davis is McCain’s campaign manager and I work at EW. Any PopWatchers catch Hasselbeck’s pitch for Palin (check out a clip below)? Does this affect you one way or the other?
Posted October 28 2008 — 12:11 PM EDT
- 'Supergirl' leaked to piracy sites
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!