Five of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd Boetticher, along with a superb documentary about the man who made them, director Budd Boetticher. Working with tiny budgets, two-week shooting schedules, and the leathery face and steely gaze of Randolph Scott, Boetticher crafted stories about a lone hero (Scott, in every one) who comes to the aid of the helpless (most often a victimized woman) against villains of uncommon moral complexity. Hardly mere shoot-‘em-ups, these are think-‘em-ups that explode in your mind.? A?
The Films of Budd BoetticherFive of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd...The Films of Budd BoetticherPT380MFive of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd...2008-10-29
Starring: Randolph Scott; Director: Budd Boetticher; Runtime (in minutes): 380
Posted October 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!