Five of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd Boetticher, along with a superb documentary about the man who made them, director Budd Boetticher. Working with tiny budgets, two-week shooting schedules, and the leathery face and steely gaze of Randolph Scott, Boetticher crafted stories about a lone hero (Scott, in every one) who comes to the aid of the helpless (most often a victimized woman) against villains of uncommon moral complexity. Hardly mere shoot-‘em-ups, these are think-‘em-ups that explode in your mind.? A?
The Films of Budd BoetticherFive of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd...The Films of Budd BoetticherPT380MFive of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd...2008-10-29
Starring: Randolph Scott; Director: Budd Boetticher; Runtime (in minutes): 380
Posted October 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!