Five of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd Boetticher, along with a superb documentary about the man who made them, director Budd Boetticher. Working with tiny budgets, two-week shooting schedules, and the leathery face and steely gaze of Randolph Scott, Boetticher crafted stories about a lone hero (Scott, in every one) who comes to the aid of the helpless (most often a victimized woman) against villains of uncommon moral complexity. Hardly mere shoot-‘em-ups, these are think-‘em-ups that explode in your mind.? A?
The Films of Budd BoetticherFive of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd...The Films of Budd BoetticherPT380MFive of the simplest, most austere, yet enjoyable Westerns (start with The Tall T) ever made are collected in The Films of Budd...2008-10-29
Starring: Randolph Scott; Director: Budd Boetticher; Runtime (in minutes): 380
Posted October 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!