There’s just one reason to watch One Touch of Venus, a flaccid rendering of a Broadway musical about a window dresser (Robert Walker) who brings a statue of Venus to life — and her name is Ava Gardner. If only Vincente Minnelli had been in charge and most of Kurt Weill’s score hadn’t been ditched. Ava gets an A, the movie a C?.
One Touch of VenusThere's just one reason to watch One Touch of Venus, a flaccid rendering of a Broadway musical about a window dresser (Robert Walker) who...One Touch of VenusMusicalHarry Kurnitz, Frank TashlinPT94MUnratedThere's just one reason to watch One Touch of Venus, a flaccid rendering of a Broadway musical about a window dresser (Robert Walker) who...2008-10-29
Genre: Musical; Starring: Ava Gardner; Director: William A. Seiter; Author: Harry Kurnitz, Frank Tashlin; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amber Rose and Blac Chyna challenged all the haters with their VMAs outfits
- Nicki Minaj brings out Taylor Swift to open the 2015 MTV VMAs
- Taylor Swift debuts 'Wildest Dreams' music video before the VMAs
- Nick Jonas crushes the VMA red carpet with 'Levels' performance
- T-Pain took over EW's Instagram for the VMAs
- 5 Seconds of Summer wins 2015 Song of the Summer VMA for 'She's Kinda Hot'
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!