Remember when MTV actually aired music videos? Way back in the late ’50s, if I recall correctly. Well, those clips seem to have found a new home on mtvmusic.com. I’m not sure if every video that MTV ever aired can be found here — but it sure seems that way. Okay, I couldn’t find The Art of Noise’s hilariously disturbing “Close (to the Edit)” — and I was unable to get the Replacement’s minimalist masterpiece “Bastards of Young” to properly load. But they did have Aphex Twin’s “Come to Daddy” (below) — a twistedly brilliant clip perhaps best viewed on your home computer, with the lights out and your speakers rattling at maximum volume. Update: It seems that this clip has problems loading, too. Let’s try Radiohead’s “Just.” Okay, so I’ve shared some of my favorite videos — now let’s hear some of yours (and add links if you can find them on this site).
Posted October 29 2008 — 3:00 PM EDT
- 'Days of Our Lives' exclusive: 50th anniversary to feature a killer twist
- Cara Delevingne laughs off that awkward 'Paper Towns' interview on Instagram
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!