Remember when MTV actually aired music videos? Way back in the late ’50s, if I recall correctly. Well, those clips seem to have found a new home on mtvmusic.com. I’m not sure if every video that MTV ever aired can be found here — but it sure seems that way. Okay, I couldn’t find The Art of Noise’s hilariously disturbing “Close (to the Edit)” — and I was unable to get the Replacement’s minimalist masterpiece “Bastards of Young” to properly load. But they did have Aphex Twin’s “Come to Daddy” (below) — a twistedly brilliant clip perhaps best viewed on your home computer, with the lights out and your speakers rattling at maximum volume. Update: It seems that this clip has problems loading, too. Let’s try Radiohead’s “Just.” Okay, so I’ve shared some of my favorite videos — now let’s hear some of yours (and add links if you can find them on this site).
Posted October 29 2008 — 3:00 PM EDT
- Martin Scorsese doesn't think people remember his films
- 'Grey's Anatomy' to reveal Jackson-April status in special flashback episode
- Victoria Aveyard on new 'Red Queen' book: 'I feel really happy and evil turning the story on its head'
- Beyoncé once turned down a Coldplay collaboration
- Colin Farrell has 45 days to fall in love in 'The Lobster' trailer
- T.J. Miller reviews Super Bowl ads in Shock Top video
- 'Minority Report' screenwriter Scott Frank talks writing his first novel 'Shaker'