Remember when MTV actually aired music videos? Way back in the late ’50s, if I recall correctly. Well, those clips seem to have found a new home on mtvmusic.com. I’m not sure if every video that MTV ever aired can be found here — but it sure seems that way. Okay, I couldn’t find The Art of Noise’s hilariously disturbing “Close (to the Edit)” — and I was unable to get the Replacement’s minimalist masterpiece “Bastards of Young” to properly load. But they did have Aphex Twin’s “Come to Daddy” (below) — a twistedly brilliant clip perhaps best viewed on your home computer, with the lights out and your speakers rattling at maximum volume. Update: It seems that this clip has problems loading, too. Let’s try Radiohead’s “Just.” Okay, so I’ve shared some of my favorite videos — now let’s hear some of yours (and add links if you can find them on this site).
Posted October 29 2008 — 3:00 PM EDT
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran: British red coat at Taylor Swift’s July 4 party
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!