Remember when MTV actually aired music videos? Way back in the late ’50s, if I recall correctly. Well, those clips seem to have found a new home on mtvmusic.com. I’m not sure if every video that MTV ever aired can be found here — but it sure seems that way. Okay, I couldn’t find The Art of Noise’s hilariously disturbing “Close (to the Edit)” — and I was unable to get the Replacement’s minimalist masterpiece “Bastards of Young” to properly load. But they did have Aphex Twin’s “Come to Daddy” (below) — a twistedly brilliant clip perhaps best viewed on your home computer, with the lights out and your speakers rattling at maximum volume. Update: It seems that this clip has problems loading, too. Let’s try Radiohead’s “Just.” Okay, so I’ve shared some of my favorite videos — now let’s hear some of yours (and add links if you can find them on this site).
Posted October 29 2008 — 3:00 PM EDT
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!