Remember when MTV actually aired music videos? Way back in the late ’50s, if I recall correctly. Well, those clips seem to have found a new home on mtvmusic.com. I’m not sure if every video that MTV ever aired can be found here — but it sure seems that way. Okay, I couldn’t find The Art of Noise’s hilariously disturbing “Close (to the Edit)” — and I was unable to get the Replacement’s minimalist masterpiece “Bastards of Young” to properly load. But they did have Aphex Twin’s “Come to Daddy” (below) — a twistedly brilliant clip perhaps best viewed on your home computer, with the lights out and your speakers rattling at maximum volume. Update: It seems that this clip has problems loading, too. Let’s try Radiohead’s “Just.” Okay, so I’ve shared some of my favorite videos — now let’s hear some of yours (and add links if you can find them on this site).
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!