In When Did You Last See Your Father?, a British Big Fish,? director Anand Tucker (Hilary and Jackie) taps into boys’ predisposition to, as he says in the? commentary, ”hate our ? fathers.” Placid poet Blake (Firth) struggles to forgive his terminally ill dad (Jim Broadbent), a doctor who never recognized his son’s talent. Fine acting throughout — particularly by teenager Matthew Beard, who possesses the looks and serenity of a young George Harrison. But there’s never any doubt where this story is going. B
When Did You Last See Your Father?In When Did You Last See Your Father?, a British Big Fish,? director Anand Tucker (Hilary and Jackie) taps into boys'...When Did You Last See Your Father?DramaDavid NichollsPT92MPG-13In When Did You Last See Your Father?, a British Big Fish,? director Anand Tucker (Hilary and Jackie) taps into boys'...2008-10-29Juliet Stevenson
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jim Broadbent, Colin Firth, Juliet Stevenson; Director: Anand Tucker; Author: David Nicholls; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted October 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!