In When Did You Last See Your Father?, a British Big Fish,? director Anand Tucker (Hilary and Jackie) taps into boys’ predisposition to, as he says in the? commentary, ”hate our ? fathers.” Placid poet Blake (Firth) struggles to forgive his terminally ill dad (Jim Broadbent), a doctor who never recognized his son’s talent. Fine acting throughout — particularly by teenager Matthew Beard, who possesses the looks and serenity of a young George Harrison. But there’s never any doubt where this story is going. B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jim Broadbent, Colin Firth, Juliet Stevenson; Director: Anand Tucker; Author: David Nicholls; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted October 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters