Looks like I’m not the only one thinking of Peanuts today. Watching Charlie Brown glumly take inventory of his petrified treats used to make me laugh when I was a kid. Now I see his quiet resignation as something rather heroic: the profound but terribly sad acceptance that some people are just destined to a life in which they…I dunno…get rocks instead of candy…..[long silence]….So, um, how about them awesome Phillies?
Posted October 30 2008 — 3:30 PM EDT
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!