Looks like I’m not the only one thinking of Peanuts today. Watching Charlie Brown glumly take inventory of his petrified treats used to make me laugh when I was a kid. Now I see his quiet resignation as something rather heroic: the profound but terribly sad acceptance that some people are just destined to a life in which they…I dunno…get rocks instead of candy…..[long silence]….So, um, how about them awesome Phillies?
Posted October 30 2008 — 3:30 PM EDT
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Arya ready? 'Game of Thrones' fave Maisie Williams on life as wildest woman in Westeros
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' Netflix revival: 8 new photos
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!