Looks like I’m not the only one thinking of Peanuts today. Watching Charlie Brown glumly take inventory of his petrified treats used to make me laugh when I was a kid. Now I see his quiet resignation as something rather heroic: the profound but terribly sad acceptance that some people are just destined to a life in which they…I dunno…get rocks instead of candy…..[long silence]….So, um, how about them awesome Phillies?
Posted October 30 2008 — 3:30 PM EDT
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release
- Britney Spears cameos at Kate Hudson's game night
- Selma Blair on her 'American Crime Story' role: ‘I happen to love Kris Jenner’
- Hasbro says four more 'Transformers' sequels are on the way
- Emilia Clarke and Jason Momoa had a 'Game of Thrones' reunion