Here’s some good Dirt on Courteney Cox: The Friends actress is returning to the land of comedy with Cougar Town, an ABC pilot in which she stars as a hot 40-year-old mother who’s newly single. Cox – who recently anchored the FX drama Dirt and has a development deal with ABC Studios – will exec produce the single-camera comedy with Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence, who also is cowriting the pilot. Cougar Town is expected to be a candidate for the 2009-2010 schedule. It’s a reteaming of sorts for Cox and Lawrence: Cox shot a three-episode guest arc on Scrubs that is slated to air later this season.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:44 PM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!