Here’s some good Dirt on Courteney Cox: The Friends actress is returning to the land of comedy with Cougar Town, an ABC pilot in which she stars as a hot 40-year-old mother who’s newly single. Cox – who recently anchored the FX drama Dirt and has a development deal with ABC Studios – will exec produce the single-camera comedy with Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence, who also is cowriting the pilot. Cougar Town is expected to be a candidate for the 2009-2010 schedule. It’s a reteaming of sorts for Cox and Lawrence: Cox shot a three-episode guest arc on Scrubs that is slated to air later this season.
Posted October 30 2008 — 4:00 AM EDT
- 'Tron 3' not moving forward: Disney
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour