Here’s some good Dirt on Courteney Cox: The Friends actress is returning to the land of comedy with Cougar Town, an ABC pilot in which she stars as a hot 40-year-old mother who’s newly single. Cox – who recently anchored the FX drama Dirt and has a development deal with ABC Studios – will exec produce the single-camera comedy with Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence, who also is cowriting the pilot. Cougar Town is expected to be a candidate for the 2009-2010 schedule. It’s a reteaming of sorts for Cox and Lawrence: Cox shot a three-episode guest arc on Scrubs that is slated to air later this season.
Posted October 30 2008 — 4:00 AM EDT
- Elizabeth Banks compares Donald Trump to 'Hunger Games' character
- Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Lauren Conrad teases new secrets revealed upcoming The Hills special
- 'Hands of Stone': Roberto Durán earns his nickname in new clip
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' alums Clay Aiken, Khloe Kardashian slam Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton is officially the Democratic nominee for president
- 'Narcos': Run your own drug cartel in new mobile game