Some bad news for all you gamers out there who were hoping that Sony would soon drop the price on its $399.99 PlayStation 3 game console: an official for the slumping electronics giant stated that there are no price cuts planned this year. “We have a business to run, and we have to make sure we’re doing the right thing for the shareholders as well,” said the managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment’s UK division. Okay, I know Sony is still losing money on each PS3 they sell (such losses are always expected early in a console’s life cycle) — but I’d be worried about losing even more market share to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii. Especially as they have some pretty terrific titles PS3-exclusive titles like LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4 and the upcoming Resistance 2. What say you, dear readers: Was anybody out there planning on buying a PS3 this year? And how will this news affect your potential purchase?
Posted October 30 2008 — 2:00 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt