Some bad news for all you gamers out there who were hoping that Sony would soon drop the price on its $399.99 PlayStation 3 game console: an official for the slumping electronics giant stated that there are no price cuts planned this year. “We have a business to run, and we have to make sure we’re doing the right thing for the shareholders as well,” said the managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment’s UK division. Okay, I know Sony is still losing money on each PS3 they sell (such losses are always expected early in a console’s life cycle) — but I’d be worried about losing even more market share to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii. Especially as they have some pretty terrific titles PS3-exclusive titles like LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4 and the upcoming Resistance 2. What say you, dear readers: Was anybody out there planning on buying a PS3 this year? And how will this news affect your potential purchase?
Posted October 30 2008 — 2:00 PM EDT
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!