Some bad news for all you gamers out there who were hoping that Sony would soon drop the price on its $399.99 PlayStation 3 game console: an official for the slumping electronics giant stated that there are no price cuts planned this year. “We have a business to run, and we have to make sure we’re doing the right thing for the shareholders as well,” said the managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment’s UK division. Okay, I know Sony is still losing money on each PS3 they sell (such losses are always expected early in a console’s life cycle) — but I’d be worried about losing even more market share to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii. Especially as they have some pretty terrific titles PS3-exclusive titles like LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4 and the upcoming Resistance 2. What say you, dear readers: Was anybody out there planning on buying a PS3 this year? And how will this news affect your potential purchase?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- You might not make it to the desert, but you can still experience Coachella
- Netflix, Marvel name Cheo Hodari Coker as 'Luke Cage' showrunner
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' finally grunts toward theaters Feb. 19
- Be a nosy neighbor with Led Zeppelin's new, interactive 'Trampled Under Foot' video
- Selena's sister opens up 20 years after the singer's death
- Dancing with the Stars celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the rumba, spray tan and his very special guest
- Check out a preview of David Duchovny's solo album, 'Hell or Highwater'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!