Earlier this week, Nick DiFonzo, author of Seriously Bad Album Covers, compiled 28 Creepy Album Covers for the Houston Press. The Louvin Brothers’ Satan Is Real is my favorite of his choices, mostly because the guys seem to have no idea Satan shares the stage with them. (Or is real.) I honestly didn’t recognize most of his covers, so I’ve taken a complete inventory of my own iTunes library, and share some of my creepiest album covers after the jump. Feel free to add your own!
1. Bang Gang, Something Wrong – You think?!
2. ELO, Secret Messages – WHAT IS GOING ON?
3. King Crimson, In the Court of the Crimson King – Aggghhhhh. Nostrils.
4. The Moody Blues, In Search of the Lost Chord – Weirdest chill-out locale for vague Jesus figure ever?
5. The Presets, Apocalypso – Wait a minute. Now I just miss Six Feet Under.
6. The Cars, The Cars – Blasphemy, I know. But that mouth terrified me as a child.