But although his perhaps once-again girlfriend Sarah Silverman was, in fact, on his show last night, the proposal actually went to T.I., whose unique brand of laid-back, convicted-felon humor (rightly) got more laughs than Silverman-Kimmel’s scripted avoidance of their personal life. The Atlanta rapper, who claims people want to kill him because he’s famous, came prepared with airtight logic about the machine gun possession conviction that will have him start a one-year sentence next March: “You read the paper,” he told Kimmel, “and you say, ‘Why did this guy, on the day of the BET awards, have machine guns?’ But then, if you read that he got killed on the day of the BET Awards, you say, ‘Why didn’t he have machine guns?’” Whoa. I think he just blew my mind. No wonder Kimmel asked for his hand at the end (watch it in the clip below).
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!