But although his perhaps once-again girlfriend Sarah Silverman was, in fact, on his show last night, the proposal actually went to T.I., whose unique brand of laid-back, convicted-felon humor (rightly) got more laughs than Silverman-Kimmel’s scripted avoidance of their personal life. The Atlanta rapper, who claims people want to kill him because he’s famous, came prepared with airtight logic about the machine gun possession conviction that will have him start a one-year sentence next March: “You read the paper,” he told Kimmel, “and you say, ‘Why did this guy, on the day of the BET awards, have machine guns?’ But then, if you read that he got killed on the day of the BET Awards, you say, ‘Why didn’t he have machine guns?’” Whoa. I think he just blew my mind. No wonder Kimmel asked for his hand at the end (watch it in the clip below).
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:10 PM EDT
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos is 'heartbroken' the Olsen twins won't be on 'Fuller House'
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!