But although his perhaps once-again girlfriend Sarah Silverman was, in fact, on his show last night, the proposal actually went to T.I., whose unique brand of laid-back, convicted-felon humor (rightly) got more laughs than Silverman-Kimmel’s scripted avoidance of their personal life. The Atlanta rapper, who claims people want to kill him because he’s famous, came prepared with airtight logic about the machine gun possession conviction that will have him start a one-year sentence next March: “You read the paper,” he told Kimmel, “and you say, ‘Why did this guy, on the day of the BET awards, have machine guns?’ But then, if you read that he got killed on the day of the BET Awards, you say, ‘Why didn’t he have machine guns?’” Whoa. I think he just blew my mind. No wonder Kimmel asked for his hand at the end (watch it in the clip below).
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:10 PM EDT
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!