This January, could Kate Winslet go from five-time Oscar nominee to seven-time Oscar nominee? Quite possibly. Academy rules dictate that performers may not receive two nods in the same acting category in a given year, but since she’ll be positioned as a Best Actress contender for Revolutionary Road and a Best Supporting Actress player for The Reader, Winslet could score a pair of nominations just like another Cate (Blanchett, that is) did for last year’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age and I’m Not There. The best part of all? Of the 10 actors who’ve been recognized with nods for two performances in the same year, six of them ended up winning one of the trophies.
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mel Gibson: 'Passion of the Christ' sequel would focus on the resurrection
- 'SNL': Simone Biles pleads for Final Five to host
- 'Greenleaf' finale: Star Merle Dandridge spills season secrets
- Chris Brown already has new song a day after his arrest
- Disney's Tower of Terror ride gets January checkout date
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall