This January, could Kate Winslet go from five-time Oscar nominee to seven-time Oscar nominee? Quite possibly. Academy rules dictate that performers may not receive two nods in the same acting category in a given year, but since she’ll be positioned as a Best Actress contender for Revolutionary Road and a Best Supporting Actress player for The Reader, Winslet could score a pair of nominations just like another Cate (Blanchett, that is) did for last year’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age and I’m Not There. The best part of all? Of the 10 actors who’ve been recognized with nods for two performances in the same year, six of them ended up winning one of the trophies.
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale