This January, could Kate Winslet go from five-time Oscar nominee to seven-time Oscar nominee? Quite possibly. Academy rules dictate that performers may not receive two nods in the same acting category in a given year, but since she’ll be positioned as a Best Actress contender for Revolutionary Road and a Best Supporting Actress player for The Reader, Winslet could score a pair of nominations just like another Cate (Blanchett, that is) did for last year’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age and I’m Not There. The best part of all? Of the 10 actors who’ve been recognized with nods for two performances in the same year, six of them ended up winning one of the trophies.
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!