This January, could Kate Winslet go from five-time Oscar nominee to seven-time Oscar nominee? Quite possibly. Academy rules dictate that performers may not receive two nods in the same acting category in a given year, but since she’ll be positioned as a Best Actress contender for Revolutionary Road and a Best Supporting Actress player for The Reader, Winslet could score a pair of nominations just like another Cate (Blanchett, that is) did for last year’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age and I’m Not There. The best part of all? Of the 10 actors who’ve been recognized with nods for two performances in the same year, six of them ended up winning one of the trophies.
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt