This January, could Kate Winslet go from five-time Oscar nominee to seven-time Oscar nominee? Quite possibly. Academy rules dictate that performers may not receive two nods in the same acting category in a given year, but since she’ll be positioned as a Best Actress contender for Revolutionary Road and a Best Supporting Actress player for The Reader, Winslet could score a pair of nominations just like another Cate (Blanchett, that is) did for last year’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age and I’m Not There. The best part of all? Of the 10 actors who’ve been recognized with nods for two performances in the same year, six of them ended up winning one of the trophies.
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Quiz: Can you name these Image Comics characters?
- Josh Trank says 'Fantastic Four' will be 'multipower slugfest'
- New 'witch noir' comic 'Black Magick' casts a spell -- exclusive first look
- Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?''
- 'Maze Runner': Dylan O'Brien in new 'Scorch Trials' photo
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!