This January, could Kate Winslet go from five-time Oscar nominee to seven-time Oscar nominee? Quite possibly. Academy rules dictate that performers may not receive two nods in the same acting category in a given year, but since she’ll be positioned as a Best Actress contender for Revolutionary Road and a Best Supporting Actress player for The Reader, Winslet could score a pair of nominations just like another Cate (Blanchett, that is) did for last year’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age and I’m Not There. The best part of all? Of the 10 actors who’ve been recognized with nods for two performances in the same year, six of them ended up winning one of the trophies.
Posted October 31 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Corden tries coaching Arsenal Football Club
- Melissa Joan Hart talks 'Sabrina, The Teenage Witch' 20 years later
- Bob Dylan to release 36-disc boxed set of 1966 concerts
- Patton Oswalt opens up about late wife and winning an Emmy on 'Conan'
- Denzel Washington, Viola Davis star in frst trailer for 'Fences'
- '20th Century Women' trailer: Annette Bening rewinds to the Carter era
- WATCH: Adam Rodriguez on what drives his 'Criminal Minds' character