Last week, I got a chance to chat with game designer Shigeru Miyamoto — this was the third time I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing him.(A quick aside: Whenever I read his official title at Nintendo — Senior Managing Director/General Manager; Entertainment Analysis and Development Division — I wanna laugh. This is the dude who gave us Donkey Kong and Mario and Zelda! His office door should read “Vice President of Awesome”!) Anyway, it being Halloween, I asked him to name the scariest video game he ever played. You can read the interview when it goes up in a few minutes. In the meantime, let me ask you the same question. Think about it for a sec. Is it a fan favorite like something from the Silent Hill (pictured) or Resident Evil series? Or perhaps the more recent Dead Space? And who can forget the goosebump-raising thrills of Spyro? [Shudder] That purple dragon was all kinds of scary! Okay, tough guys (and gals) — let’s hear from you!
Posted October 31 2008 — 3:03 PM EDT
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says 'Heaven Sent' is 'creepiest' episode yet
- Re-live brilliant Bonnaroo moments from Mumford & Sons, D'Angelo, and more in Thanksgiving video
- Which Frankenstein would you date?
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 5, 'The New Normal'
- Laurie Metcalf talks Misery villain: 'I'm golden to go as violent as I want'
- Erykah Badu announces release date for new phone-themed mixtape
- The Olsen twins are officially not in 'Fuller House'
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year