New from Bruce Springsteen is this genuinely frightening Halloween treat: a song and video called “A Night with the Jersey Devil.” Streaming on the Boss’ website, the clip is inspired by the legendary monster said to haunt the Pine Barrens in New Jersey. The song features unrecognizably distorted vocals and old-timey blues rhythm and harmonica tracks, making Springsteen sound like the unholy spawn of Howlin’ Wolf and Tom Waits. In the video, the ax-wielding Springsteen looks like some demented, homicidal, backwoods preacher. It’s the scariest thing to come out of South Jersey since Paulie and Christopher lost the Russian and got stranded in the Pine Barrens. Check it out here.
Posted October 31 2008 — 6:24 PM EDT
- Gwen Stefani brings bulled fan on stage during concert
- Carole King performs 'You've Got a Friend' for Hillary Clinton at DNC
- Recently discovered Michael Crichton novel 'Dragon Teeth' coming in 2017
- Wonder Woman Barbie gets Gal Gadot’s stamp of approval
- Matt Damon recalls losing 'Dead Poets Society' role
- WATCH: Matt Damon finally let his daughter see 'The Martian'
- WATCH: Matt Damon is optimistic about Ben Affleck's 'Batman' movie