New from Bruce Springsteen is this genuinely frightening Halloween treat: a song and video called “A Night with the Jersey Devil.” Streaming on the Boss’ website, the clip is inspired by the legendary monster said to haunt the Pine Barrens in New Jersey. The song features unrecognizably distorted vocals and old-timey blues rhythm and harmonica tracks, making Springsteen sound like the unholy spawn of Howlin’ Wolf and Tom Waits. In the video, the ax-wielding Springsteen looks like some demented, homicidal, backwoods preacher. It’s the scariest thing to come out of South Jersey since Paulie and Christopher lost the Russian and got stranded in the Pine Barrens. Check it out here.
Posted October 31 2008 — 6:24 PM EDT
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996