New from Bruce Springsteen is this genuinely frightening Halloween treat: a song and video called “A Night with the Jersey Devil.” Streaming on the Boss’ website, the clip is inspired by the legendary monster said to haunt the Pine Barrens in New Jersey. The song features unrecognizably distorted vocals and old-timey blues rhythm and harmonica tracks, making Springsteen sound like the unholy spawn of Howlin’ Wolf and Tom Waits. In the video, the ax-wielding Springsteen looks like some demented, homicidal, backwoods preacher. It’s the scariest thing to come out of South Jersey since Paulie and Christopher lost the Russian and got stranded in the Pine Barrens. Check it out here.
Posted October 31 2008 — 6:24 PM EDT
- 9 most scathing reviews of 'Aloha'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & Selma Blair stage 'Cruel Intentions' kiss during impromptu reunion
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'