With the world seemingly going to hell in a hand basket these days, we could use some eye-poking, gut-punching slapstick to lighten the mood, and off the top of my head, I can’t think of a better forum for that than a Farrelly Brothers-directed Three Stooges movie, currently set for a Nov. 20, 2009, release. Of course, it’s the casting that will determine whether this turns out to be a side-splitting tribute or disgraceful tarnishing of the Stooge legacy. I’m thinking Adam Sandler or Patton Oswalt as Moe, Will Arnett or Ryan Gosling as Larry (yes, Gosling), and David Koechner or Seth Rogen as Curly. Okay, PopWatchers, give us your dream Stooge cast.
Posted November 4 2008 — 5:49 PM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!