Bruno (Asa Butterfield) is 8 years old in 1940s Berlin when his daddy (David Thewlis) moves Mama (Vera Farmiga) and the kids closer to work. Small detail: Dad is a Nazi officer who runs a concentration camp. Gaping at a strange nearby ”farm,” the inquisitive lad befriends a boy on the other side of the barbed wire who is much like Bruno — except, you know, Jewish and slated for extinction. As a Holocaust-for-kids fable, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is an appalling, jaw-dropping movie that will cause serious nightmares. D?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Asa Butterfield, Zac Mattoon O'Brien; Director: Mark Herman; Author: Mark Herman; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language
- First Look: NBA star Muggsy Bogues cameos on 'Royal Pains'