Bruno (Asa Butterfield) is 8 years old in 1940s Berlin when his daddy (David Thewlis) moves Mama (Vera Farmiga) and the kids closer to work. Small detail: Dad is a Nazi officer who runs a concentration camp. Gaping at a strange nearby ”farm,” the inquisitive lad befriends a boy on the other side of the barbed wire who is much like Bruno — except, you know, Jewish and slated for extinction. As a Holocaust-for-kids fable, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is an appalling, jaw-dropping movie that will cause serious nightmares. D?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Asa Butterfield, Zac Mattoon O'Brien; Director: Mark Herman; Author: Mark Herman; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!