Bruno (Asa Butterfield) is 8 years old in 1940s Berlin when his daddy (David Thewlis) moves Mama (Vera Farmiga) and the kids closer to work. Small detail: Dad is a Nazi officer who runs a concentration camp. Gaping at a strange nearby ”farm,” the inquisitive lad befriends a boy on the other side of the barbed wire who is much like Bruno — except, you know, Jewish and slated for extinction. As a Holocaust-for-kids fable, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is an appalling, jaw-dropping movie that will cause serious nightmares. D?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Asa Butterfield, Zac Mattoon O'Brien; Director: Mark Herman; Author: Mark Herman; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Originals' add a bunch of new faces
- 'Lost' actor replaces 'Flash' star as Sandy Cohen in 'O.C.' musical
- Andy Richter responds to 'Conan' lawsuit
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!