I know. The election is over, there’s hope in the air, and it’s time for conciliation and unification. So is it wrong that I got more than a little personal glee out of watching Elisabeth Hasselbeck, a (frequently irritatingly) vocal McCain supporter, fall in line behind president-elect Barack Obama? I do applaud her poignant story about what she told her daughter this morning, but I’m mostly glad that The View, which I usually enjoy (make fun all you want), won’t make my blood pressure skyrocket anymore…at least for now. And if you’re still feeling emotional about the events of the last 24 hours, Sherri Shepherd’s bit at the end of the clip might make you choke up a little, like my man Michael Slezak did.
Posted November 5 2008 — 7:56 PM EST
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'