Director Guillermo del Toro is like the demon brainchild of Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson: He can summon the unhinged inventiveness of the former and the stately grandeur of the latter. And he brings all of that to bear on this Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which finds Big Red dealing with an elf prince (Luke Goss) who wants to use an army of ancient robots to wage war on humanity. No one conveys otherworldly like del Toro, and he details the creation of the Hellboy universe in the two-disc edition’s EXTRAS, which explore his rigorous design aesthetic and collaborative command. A?
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Selma Blair, Ron Perlman, Luke Goss, Doug Jones; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 07/11/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!