Director Guillermo del Toro is like the demon brainchild of Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson: He can summon the unhinged inventiveness of the former and the stately grandeur of the latter. And he brings all of that to bear on this Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which finds Big Red dealing with an elf prince (Luke Goss) who wants to use an army of ancient robots to wage war on humanity. No one conveys otherworldly like del Toro, and he details the creation of the Hellboy universe in the two-disc edition’s EXTRAS, which explore his rigorous design aesthetic and collaborative command. A?
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Selma Blair, Ron Perlman, Luke Goss, Doug Jones; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 07/11/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel