Director Guillermo del Toro is like the demon brainchild of Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson: He can summon the unhinged inventiveness of the former and the stately grandeur of the latter. And he brings all of that to bear on this Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which finds Big Red dealing with an elf prince (Luke Goss) who wants to use an army of ancient robots to wage war on humanity. No one conveys otherworldly like del Toro, and he details the creation of the Hellboy universe in the two-disc edition’s EXTRAS, which explore his rigorous design aesthetic and collaborative command. A?
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Selma Blair, Ron Perlman, Luke Goss, Doug Jones; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 07/11/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cassandra Clare reveals cover for new Shadowhunters novel 'Lady Midnight'
- James Bond kills supercut: Shocking, positively shocking
- What we learned from the 'Pretty Little Liars' Comic-Con panel
- Hear that amazing Kelly Clarkson 'Already Gone' cover from this week's 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Justin Bieber reveals cover art for new album, 'Purpose'
- See the cover for 'Eligible,' Curtis Sittenfeld's 'Pride and Prejudice' retelling -- exclusive
- Sony prez says hacked emails had nothing to do with Amy Pascal's departure