Director Guillermo del Toro is like the demon brainchild of Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson: He can summon the unhinged inventiveness of the former and the stately grandeur of the latter. And he brings all of that to bear on this Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which finds Big Red dealing with an elf prince (Luke Goss) who wants to use an army of ancient robots to wage war on humanity. No one conveys otherworldly like del Toro, and he details the creation of the Hellboy universe in the two-disc edition’s EXTRAS, which explore his rigorous design aesthetic and collaborative command. A?
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Selma Blair, Ron Perlman, Luke Goss, Doug Jones; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 07/11/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday