Director Guillermo del Toro is like the demon brainchild of Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson: He can summon the unhinged inventiveness of the former and the stately grandeur of the latter. And he brings all of that to bear on this Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which finds Big Red dealing with an elf prince (Luke Goss) who wants to use an army of ancient robots to wage war on humanity. No one conveys otherworldly like del Toro, and he details the creation of the Hellboy universe in the two-disc edition’s EXTRAS, which explore his rigorous design aesthetic and collaborative command. A?
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Selma Blair, Ron Perlman, Luke Goss, Doug Jones; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 07/11/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- 'Glee' cast reunites for Becca Tobin's wedding in sweet photos
- Emma Stone leads a very bad theatre showcase in 'SNL' sketch
- 'SNL' and Emma Stone give Christmas candles a holiday theme song
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big