Spy Kids’ Vega plays a bedridden teen unaware that her creepily doting father (Anthony Stewart Head) spends evenings messily ”repossessing” organs at the behest of biotech mogul Sorvino in Repo! The Genetic Opera. And it’s an opera. Cue Paris Hilton, industrial-rock din, spinal extractions, Victorian furnishings (velvet curtains, bustiers, birdcages), soprano Sarah Brightman, and the nihilism and desaturated colors of post-Seven horror films. If steampunk bloodbaths aren’t for you, it’s a long wait for the fat lady to sing. D+
Genre: Musical, Horror; Starring: Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino, Paris Hilton; Director: Darren Bousman; Author: Darren Smith, Terrance Zdunich; Release Date Wide: 11/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Megyn Kelly on her issue with the word 'feminist'
- The 17 most essential 1970s love songs
- Nominated for Nothing: 'Beasts of No Nation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Watch the aftermath of Meredith's brutal attack
- Margot Robbie gave someone a misspelled 'Suicide Squad' tattoo
- Beyoncé's Super Bowl dancers honor Black Panthers and Black Lives Matter
- James Corden is a buzzkill roommate in Budweiser 'Whassup' parody