Spy Kids’ Vega plays a bedridden teen unaware that her creepily doting father (Anthony Stewart Head) spends evenings messily ”repossessing” organs at the behest of biotech mogul Sorvino in Repo! The Genetic Opera. And it’s an opera. Cue Paris Hilton, industrial-rock din, spinal extractions, Victorian furnishings (velvet curtains, bustiers, birdcages), soprano Sarah Brightman, and the nihilism and desaturated colors of post-Seven horror films. If steampunk bloodbaths aren’t for you, it’s a long wait for the fat lady to sing. D+
Genre: Musical, Horror; Starring: Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino, Paris Hilton; Director: Darren Bousman; Author: Darren Smith, Terrance Zdunich; Release Date Wide: 11/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary
- Lifetime greenlights flick about Charles Manson gals