Spy Kids’ Vega plays a bedridden teen unaware that her creepily doting father (Anthony Stewart Head) spends evenings messily ”repossessing” organs at the behest of biotech mogul Sorvino in Repo! The Genetic Opera. And it’s an opera. Cue Paris Hilton, industrial-rock din, spinal extractions, Victorian furnishings (velvet curtains, bustiers, birdcages), soprano Sarah Brightman, and the nihilism and desaturated colors of post-Seven horror films. If steampunk bloodbaths aren’t for you, it’s a long wait for the fat lady to sing. D+
Genre: Musical, Horror; Starring: Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino, Paris Hilton; Director: Darren Bousman; Author: Darren Smith, Terrance Zdunich; Release Date Wide: 11/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'