Spy Kids’ Vega plays a bedridden teen unaware that her creepily doting father (Anthony Stewart Head) spends evenings messily ”repossessing” organs at the behest of biotech mogul Sorvino in Repo! The Genetic Opera. And it’s an opera. Cue Paris Hilton, industrial-rock din, spinal extractions, Victorian furnishings (velvet curtains, bustiers, birdcages), soprano Sarah Brightman, and the nihilism and desaturated colors of post-Seven horror films. If steampunk bloodbaths aren’t for you, it’s a long wait for the fat lady to sing. D+
Genre: Musical, Horror; Starring: Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino, Paris Hilton; Director: Darren Bousman; Author: Darren Smith, Terrance Zdunich; Release Date Wide: 11/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted November 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles