Spy Kids’ Vega plays a bedridden teen unaware that her creepily doting father (Anthony Stewart Head) spends evenings messily ”repossessing” organs at the behest of biotech mogul Sorvino in Repo! The Genetic Opera. And it’s an opera. Cue Paris Hilton, industrial-rock din, spinal extractions, Victorian furnishings (velvet curtains, bustiers, birdcages), soprano Sarah Brightman, and the nihilism and desaturated colors of post-Seven horror films. If steampunk bloodbaths aren’t for you, it’s a long wait for the fat lady to sing. D+
Genre: Musical, Horror; Starring: Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino, Paris Hilton; Director: Darren Bousman; Author: Darren Smith, Terrance Zdunich; Release Date Wide: 11/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More