A lucky moviegoer was invited to a test screening of The Road and posted his impressions on JoBlo.com. Warning: his summary contains some fairly specific details of what seems to be a major scene. “Dave” finds much to admire, especially in the lead performances of Viggo Mortenson and Kodi Smit-McPhee. (Another take — from someone who viewed reels in post-production — can be found here.) I can not wait to see this movie. I haven’t yet read the book (a not-so-recently purchased copy mocks me from my nightstand) but I have seen The Proposition, the haunting 2006 Aussie Western which was the breakthrough project for Road director John Hillcoat. (It’s an awesome film, which Hillcoat gives a mood that is both lyrical and unsentimental.) C’mon Weinstein Co., give us a release date for The Road, already!
Posted November 9 2008 — 3:00 PM EST
- Megan Mullally: 'There is a very good chance' for 'Will & Grace' reboot
- 'Pitch' star Kylie Bunbury makes plea for season 2
- 'Pitch' boss on Fox baseball drama's struggle and future
- Meghan Trainor cancels tour stops for vocal rest
- President Obama to appear on 'The Daily Show'
- Actor Judge Reinhold arrested in Texas on disorderly conduct charge
- Andy Grammer's emotional 'Fresh Eyes' video focuses on homelessness
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes