A lucky moviegoer was invited to a test screening of The Road and posted his impressions on JoBlo.com. Warning: his summary contains some fairly specific details of what seems to be a major scene. “Dave” finds much to admire, especially in the lead performances of Viggo Mortenson and Kodi Smit-McPhee. (Another take — from someone who viewed reels in post-production — can be found here.) I can not wait to see this movie. I haven’t yet read the book (a not-so-recently purchased copy mocks me from my nightstand) but I have seen The Proposition, the haunting 2006 Aussie Western which was the breakthrough project for Road director John Hillcoat. (It’s an awesome film, which Hillcoat gives a mood that is both lyrical and unsentimental.) C’mon Weinstein Co., give us a release date for The Road, already!
Posted November 9 2008 — 3:00 PM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?