In Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O’Shea, who has just finagled a one-year appointment to the NYPD. Once in New York, O’Shea is paired with Kurt Browski, a thuggish policeman who ”looked like a pit bull in uniform.” As the two slash their way through a precinct brimming with dope dealers, rapists, and the like, several secrets emerge: O’Shea likes to strangle women, and Browski has a sister who’s been beaten into a coma. Bruen, a master of modern noir, renders his prose in short staccato bursts, which is curiously mesmerizing — and, at the book’s gruesome end, downright terrifying. A?
Once Were CopsIn Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O'Shea, who has just finagled a...Once Were CopsMystery and Thriller, FictionKen BruenIn Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O'Shea, who has just finagled a...2008-11-12St. Martin's Minotaur
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Ken Bruen; Publisher: St. Martin's Minotaur
Posted November 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!