In Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O’Shea, who has just finagled a one-year appointment to the NYPD. Once in New York, O’Shea is paired with Kurt Browski, a thuggish policeman who ”looked like a pit bull in uniform.” As the two slash their way through a precinct brimming with dope dealers, rapists, and the like, several secrets emerge: O’Shea likes to strangle women, and Browski has a sister who’s been beaten into a coma. Bruen, a master of modern noir, renders his prose in short staccato bursts, which is curiously mesmerizing — and, at the book’s gruesome end, downright terrifying. A?
Once Were CopsIn Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O'Shea, who has just finagled a...Once Were CopsMystery and Thriller, FictionKen BruenIn Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O'Shea, who has just finagled a...2008-11-12St. Martin's Minotaur
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Ken Bruen; Publisher: St. Martin's Minotaur
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!