In Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O’Shea, who has just finagled a one-year appointment to the NYPD. Once in New York, O’Shea is paired with Kurt Browski, a thuggish policeman who ”looked like a pit bull in uniform.” As the two slash their way through a precinct brimming with dope dealers, rapists, and the like, several secrets emerge: O’Shea likes to strangle women, and Browski has a sister who’s been beaten into a coma. Bruen, a master of modern noir, renders his prose in short staccato bursts, which is curiously mesmerizing — and, at the book’s gruesome end, downright terrifying. A?
Once Were CopsIn Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O'Shea, who has just finagled a...Once Were CopsMystery and Thriller, FictionKen BruenIn Once Were Cops, a one-off from his popular Jack Taylor series, Ken Bruen introduces Irish cop Michael O'Shea, who has just finagled a...2008-11-12St. Martin's Minotaur
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Ken Bruen; Publisher: St. Martin's Minotaur
Posted November 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!