In May, the best-selling author of the beloved Twilight saga leaped out of her comfort zone and published her first adult novel, The Host, which then settled in on the New York Times best-seller list for 26 weeks. Before summer was out, she wrapped up the Twilight series with the polarizing finale Breaking Dawn, which has sold 2.7 million copies. After the breathless book tour for Dawn, when autograph hounds swarmed her so relentlessly that she was forced to pump up security at events, she returned home to watch the first cut of the movie adaptation of Twilight. Meyer, bruised somewhat by the online sneering that her love stories are lightweight, is hoping for a box office hit. ”There’s so many people ready to say, ‘Aha! See, we told you the movie was going to suck,”’ she says with a tired laugh. ”There’s that petty part of me that wants it to do really great so no one can say, ‘All that buzz for nothing!”’ After her wild year, Meyer isn’t dreaming of an island vacation — just time to write. Given all the love out there for her work, that’d be a win for everyone.
Posted November 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wayne Brady is a badass in Syfy's 'Aftermath' — exclusive clip
- Buy Tom Hanks' David S. Pumpkins Halloween costume online
- SyFy announces all-star cast for 'Face off' season 11
- Bill Murray celebrates Chicago Cubs' win and accepts Mark Twain Prize
- Lily Collins details 'difficult' past relationships in upcoming memoir
- 'Insecure' Co-EP: The show is 'culled from our lives'
- 'Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens' adds new dark side content