In How About You a restless, dissatisfied young lady (The Duchess’ Atwell) gains perspective on life by working as a housekeeper among restless, dissatisfied older ladies at a genteel retirement residence that appears to be an English outpost of a Hollywood home for the aged. (Shortcut to happiness: sharing martinis, reefers, and singalongs with the oldies.) As the reigning inhabitant, Redgrave adopts the swanning gestures of Maggie Smith in this mild adaptation of a Maeve Binchy story. Other drama queens enjoying the opportunity to screech include Imelda Staunton, Brenda Fricker, and Joss Ackland as the lone growling man about the house. C+
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Hayley Atwell, Joss Ackland, Vanessa Redgrave, Imelda Staunton; Director: Anthony Byrne; Author: Jean Pasley; Release Date Limited: 11/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Josh Charles congratulates 'Good Wife' team on 'amazing run'
- Key & Peele revive excessive celebration sketch on 'The Late Show'
- 'The X-Files' writer Glen Morgan teases a big showcase for Gillian Anderson
- Wendy Williams scores new red-carpet commentary series
- The Struts premiere 'Kiss This' video featuring tour footage
- Dead & Company announce summer tour
- Super Bowl 50 scores second-biggest early TV ratings ever