In How About You a restless, dissatisfied young lady (The Duchess’ Atwell) gains perspective on life by working as a housekeeper among restless, dissatisfied older ladies at a genteel retirement residence that appears to be an English outpost of a Hollywood home for the aged. (Shortcut to happiness: sharing martinis, reefers, and singalongs with the oldies.) As the reigning inhabitant, Redgrave adopts the swanning gestures of Maggie Smith in this mild adaptation of a Maeve Binchy story. Other drama queens enjoying the opportunity to screech include Imelda Staunton, Brenda Fricker, and Joss Ackland as the lone growling man about the house. C+
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Hayley Atwell, Joss Ackland, Vanessa Redgrave, Imelda Staunton; Director: Anthony Byrne; Author: Jean Pasley; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jonathan Groff to return for Glee finale
- Zelda Williams reflects on dad Robin Williams' legacy on 'Today'
- Another woman accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault
- Box office preview: Focus and Fifty Shades face off
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight' game's prequel comic: Preview 4 pages
- It Follows clip lays out the rules for hotly anticipated horror movie
- Video game version of Slender Man myth is coming to Xbox One and PS4
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!