In How About You a restless, dissatisfied young lady (The Duchess’ Atwell) gains perspective on life by working as a housekeeper among restless, dissatisfied older ladies at a genteel retirement residence that appears to be an English outpost of a Hollywood home for the aged. (Shortcut to happiness: sharing martinis, reefers, and singalongs with the oldies.) As the reigning inhabitant, Redgrave adopts the swanning gestures of Maggie Smith in this mild adaptation of a Maeve Binchy story. Other drama queens enjoying the opportunity to screech include Imelda Staunton, Brenda Fricker, and Joss Ackland as the lone growling man about the house. C+
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Hayley Atwell, Joss Ackland, Vanessa Redgrave, Imelda Staunton; Director: Anthony Byrne; Author: Jean Pasley; Release Date Limited: 11/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'