Twilight scene-stealer Anna Kendrick (she plays Bella’s boy-crazy friend Jessica) has already earned the notice of more than just the series’ die-hard fans. The 23-year-old actress, who until now was best known for the indie comedy Rocket Science, has caught the eye of writer-director Jason Reitman (Juno) and his next leading man: George Clooney. Kendrick will star opposite Clooney in Up in the Air for Paramount Pictures, which is based on the 2001 novel by Walter Kirn. Clooney plays Ryan, an unapologetic corporate downsizer with an obsession for collecting frequent-flier miles, while Kendrick tackles the role of an an up-and-coming employees who threatens to ground Ryan’s quest for airline miles by automating his job. Looks like Kendrick’s career is taking flight.
Posted November 20 2008 — 1:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!