Twilight scene-stealer Anna Kendrick (she plays Bella’s boy-crazy friend Jessica) has already earned the notice of more than just the series’ die-hard fans. The 23-year-old actress, who until now was best known for the indie comedy Rocket Science, has caught the eye of writer-director Jason Reitman (Juno) and his next leading man: George Clooney. Kendrick will star opposite Clooney in Up in the Air for Paramount Pictures, which is based on the 2001 novel by Walter Kirn. Clooney plays Ryan, an unapologetic corporate downsizer with an obsession for collecting frequent-flier miles, while Kendrick tackles the role of an an up-and-coming employees who threatens to ground Ryan’s quest for airline miles by automating his job. Looks like Kendrick’s career is taking flight.
Posted November 20 2008 — 1:00 AM EST
- 'Twilight' vs. 'Life and Death': A sexy vampire glossary
- 'We Are Still Here': How they created the year's creepiest ghosts
- 'Grandfathered' snags 'Agent Carter' star as love interest
- Jared Leto stayed in character on 'Suicide Squad' set
- New Cosby accuser files lawsuit: 'It is my hope that he will in fact face justice'
- Nina Dobrev explains why she's the scariest cast member in 'The Final Girls'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman promises 'awesome boat stuff' in season 2