Twilight scene-stealer Anna Kendrick (she plays Bella’s boy-crazy friend Jessica) has already earned the notice of more than just the series’ die-hard fans. The 23-year-old actress, who until now was best known for the indie comedy Rocket Science, has caught the eye of writer-director Jason Reitman (Juno) and his next leading man: George Clooney. Kendrick will star opposite Clooney in Up in the Air for Paramount Pictures, which is based on the 2001 novel by Walter Kirn. Clooney plays Ryan, an unapologetic corporate downsizer with an obsession for collecting frequent-flier miles, while Kendrick tackles the role of an an up-and-coming employees who threatens to ground Ryan’s quest for airline miles by automating his job. Looks like Kendrick’s career is taking flight.
Posted January 18 2015 — 1:29 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!