Am I the only one whose bizarre mind immediately jumps to the 1994 daddy/daughter “comedy” My Father the Hero whenever she hears Katherine Heigl’s name? The Gerard Depardieu-on-Bahamian-vacation vehicle is one of those horrible movies I can’t help watching whenever it’s on basic cable, which is always. I recall being utterly horrified by her white one-piece thong bathing suit in the film, as I apparently took My Father the Hero so seriously that I thought this was the type of swimwear I should be sporting at 14 as well. By no means was I mentally, emotionally, and most of all physically ready to do this. Little did I know, all that worry was unnecessary…to this day, I’ve never seen anyone wear this s*** in public. Anyway. Happy birthday!
Posted November 24 2008 — 5:15 PM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!