Nearly a year after VH1 renewed Gotti’s Way for a second season, Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti’s popular reality show remains on hiatus. Season 2 was expected to premiere last spring but it has yet to hit the airwaves. It’s unlikely that the delay has anything to do with ratings. The first season, which wrapped on Dec. 3, averaged 1.7 million viewers a week – a hit by VH1 standards. So, what’s up with season 2? A source close to the show tells me, “The second season is done and in the can. Looks like [it will premiere at the] end of January, but we’re still waiting on the final date.” No word yet on what viewers can expect to see, but I suspect it will focus less on Gotti’s music career (by now, he must know that a big comeback probably isn’t in Ja Rule’s future) and more on his unorthodox family values, kind of like a younger, hipper version of MTV’s Run’s House.
Posted November 24 2008 — 7:04 PM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!