Nearly a year after VH1 renewed Gotti’s Way for a second season, Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti’s popular reality show remains on hiatus. Season 2 was expected to premiere last spring but it has yet to hit the airwaves. It’s unlikely that the delay has anything to do with ratings. The first season, which wrapped on Dec. 3, averaged 1.7 million viewers a week – a hit by VH1 standards. So, what’s up with season 2? A source close to the show tells me, “The second season is done and in the can. Looks like [it will premiere at the] end of January, but we’re still waiting on the final date.” No word yet on what viewers can expect to see, but I suspect it will focus less on Gotti’s music career (by now, he must know that a big comeback probably isn’t in Ja Rule’s future) and more on his unorthodox family values, kind of like a younger, hipper version of MTV’s Run’s House.
Posted November 24 2008 — 7:04 PM EST
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum