Nearly a year after VH1 renewed Gotti’s Way for a second season, Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti’s popular reality show remains on hiatus. Season 2 was expected to premiere last spring but it has yet to hit the airwaves. It’s unlikely that the delay has anything to do with ratings. The first season, which wrapped on Dec. 3, averaged 1.7 million viewers a week – a hit by VH1 standards. So, what’s up with season 2? A source close to the show tells me, “The second season is done and in the can. Looks like [it will premiere at the] end of January, but we’re still waiting on the final date.” No word yet on what viewers can expect to see, but I suspect it will focus less on Gotti’s music career (by now, he must know that a big comeback probably isn’t in Ja Rule’s future) and more on his unorthodox family values, kind of like a younger, hipper version of MTV’s Run’s House.
Posted November 24 2008 — 7:04 PM EST
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- Watch out, Frank and Claire: Neve Campbell joins 'House of Cards'
- Taylor Towsend will play Julie Cooper in 'The O.C. Musical'
- The wedding is over for It Shoulda Been You on Broadway
- 'Teen Wolf' season 4 DVD: See the limited edition art for Comic-Con
- Donald Trump doubles down on Mexico comments: 'It’s totally accurate'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!