Nearly a year after VH1 renewed Gotti’s Way for a second season, Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti’s popular reality show remains on hiatus. Season 2 was expected to premiere last spring but it has yet to hit the airwaves. It’s unlikely that the delay has anything to do with ratings. The first season, which wrapped on Dec. 3, averaged 1.7 million viewers a week – a hit by VH1 standards. So, what’s up with season 2? A source close to the show tells me, “The second season is done and in the can. Looks like [it will premiere at the] end of January, but we’re still waiting on the final date.” No word yet on what viewers can expect to see, but I suspect it will focus less on Gotti’s music career (by now, he must know that a big comeback probably isn’t in Ja Rule’s future) and more on his unorthodox family values, kind of like a younger, hipper version of MTV’s Run’s House.
Posted November 24 2008 — 7:04 PM EST
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser from 2005 lawsuit comes forward
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- EW recommends: iZombie, Eloise, and Fun Home
- 'Agents of SHIELD': How it'll dive into Skye's story and the 'birth of a superhero'