“I’ve been thinking about myself, and I think I can become the kind of person that’s worth you staying for. First of all, I’m a man who can cry. Now it’s true, it’s usually when I’ve hurt myself, but it’s a start. You see, I know there’s something that would make you stay. I know it. I know there’s some move I could make – the right word, attitude, plan – but these are all just tricks. These are all just things I would think up and try. So let’s forgo that. Let’s assume that whatever that thing is, that whatever it is that would make you stay, has occurred, that it has happened, and that my hand has already gone down your throat, and grabbed your heart, and squoze it. [Door slams in his face.] Ow.” – Harris (Steve Martin), trying to convince Sara (Victoria Tennant) not to return to England in L.A. Story. (The whole Martin-penned script is quote-worthy, but you’ll find this one at 1:06 in the clip below.)
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Justified' postmortem: Jere Burns talks about Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' season 2 premiere react: The show's best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' finale: Saying goodbye to the cul-de-sac crew
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!