“I’ve been thinking about myself, and I think I can become the kind of person that’s worth you staying for. First of all, I’m a man who can cry. Now it’s true, it’s usually when I’ve hurt myself, but it’s a start. You see, I know there’s something that would make you stay. I know it. I know there’s some move I could make – the right word, attitude, plan – but these are all just tricks. These are all just things I would think up and try. So let’s forgo that. Let’s assume that whatever that thing is, that whatever it is that would make you stay, has occurred, that it has happened, and that my hand has already gone down your throat, and grabbed your heart, and squoze it. [Door slams in his face.] Ow.” – Harris (Steve Martin), trying to convince Sara (Victoria Tennant) not to return to England in L.A. Story. (The whole Martin-penned script is quote-worthy, but you’ll find this one at 1:06 in the clip below.)
Posted November 25 2008 — 11:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!