Their skin color is less revolutionary in the Obama age, of course, but there’s still something subversively ?honest and creatively unmatched about the Huxtable family. Given The Cosby Show’s constant presence in reruns, however, is this 8-season, 26-disc set worth your recession dollar? Maybe not. Aside from a new interview with Dr. Cosby himself, and a small hardcover copy of the first script, most everything’s been seen before. On the plus side: Even rampant clip repetition within the bonus materials (a 2002 NBC retrospective, two blooper reels) can’t ? diminish this show’s eminently watchable heart. B
Lead Performer: Bill Cosby, Phylicia Rashad; Performers: Tempestt Bledsoe, Lisa Bonet, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Malcolm-Jamal Warner; Author: Matt Robinson; Broadcaster: NBC; Status: In Season
Posted November 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles