The crux of British TV host David Frost’s historic interview with Richard Nixon — which inspired a hit play and Ron Howard’s upcoming film — was ?devoted to Watergate, though it accounted for only 2 of Frost’s 12 taped sessions. (Highlights of the remaining footage are due next year.) The sight of the disgraced ex-president close to tears is riveting, but the rest of the exchange can be a slog for those not well versed in the scandal and its players. Frost/Nixon: The Original Watergate Interviews offers 23 new minutes of self-congratulatory recollections on Frost’s ?journalistic coup, but one yearns for a Pop-Up ?Video version to fill in more of the non-Frost history. B?
Posted November 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'