The crux of British TV host David Frost’s historic interview with Richard Nixon — which inspired a hit play and Ron Howard’s upcoming film — was ?devoted to Watergate, though it accounted for only 2 of Frost’s 12 taped sessions. (Highlights of the remaining footage are due next year.) The sight of the disgraced ex-president close to tears is riveting, but the rest of the exchange can be a slog for those not well versed in the scandal and its players. Frost/Nixon: The Original Watergate Interviews offers 23 new minutes of self-congratulatory recollections on Frost’s ?journalistic coup, but one yearns for a Pop-Up ?Video version to fill in more of the non-Frost history. B?
Posted November 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!