The crux of British TV host David Frost’s historic interview with Richard Nixon — which inspired a hit play and Ron Howard’s upcoming film — was ?devoted to Watergate, though it accounted for only 2 of Frost’s 12 taped sessions. (Highlights of the remaining footage are due next year.) The sight of the disgraced ex-president close to tears is riveting, but the rest of the exchange can be a slog for those not well versed in the scandal and its players. Frost/Nixon: The Original Watergate Interviews offers 23 new minutes of self-congratulatory recollections on Frost’s ?journalistic coup, but one yearns for a Pop-Up ?Video version to fill in more of the non-Frost history. B?
Posted November 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Rebel Wilson play Chubby Bunny with Jimmy Fallon
- 'PPZ': Matt Smith reveals Mr. Collins’ secret crush on Mr. Darcy
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh