The crux of British TV host David Frost’s historic interview with Richard Nixon — which inspired a hit play and Ron Howard’s upcoming film — was ?devoted to Watergate, though it accounted for only 2 of Frost’s 12 taped sessions. (Highlights of the remaining footage are due next year.) The sight of the disgraced ex-president close to tears is riveting, but the rest of the exchange can be a slog for those not well versed in the scandal and its players. Frost/Nixon: The Original Watergate Interviews offers 23 new minutes of self-congratulatory recollections on Frost’s ?journalistic coup, but one yearns for a Pop-Up ?Video version to fill in more of the non-Frost history. B?
Posted November 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!