The crux of British TV host David Frost’s historic interview with Richard Nixon — which inspired a hit play and Ron Howard’s upcoming film — was ?devoted to Watergate, though it accounted for only 2 of Frost’s 12 taped sessions. (Highlights of the remaining footage are due next year.) The sight of the disgraced ex-president close to tears is riveting, but the rest of the exchange can be a slog for those not well versed in the scandal and its players. Frost/Nixon: The Original Watergate Interviews offers 23 new minutes of self-congratulatory recollections on Frost’s ?journalistic coup, but one yearns for a Pop-Up ?Video version to fill in more of the non-Frost history. B?
Posted November 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!