“There’s no way on earth we’re gonna get outta here tonight. We’dhave more luck playing Pick-Up Sticks with our butt cheeks than we willgetting a flight out of here before daybreak.” – Del Griffin (John Candy) in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. (Fast-forward to 0:37 in the embedded clip to watch the late, great Candy in action. PS: Shouldn’t this movie be shown on a 24-hour loop every Thanksgiving holiday, a la A Christmas Story? It’s an underrated holiday classic.)
Posted November 27 2008 — 11:00 AM EST
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway