“There’s no way on earth we’re gonna get outta here tonight. We’dhave more luck playing Pick-Up Sticks with our butt cheeks than we willgetting a flight out of here before daybreak.” – Del Griffin (John Candy) in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. (Fast-forward to 0:37 in the embedded clip to watch the late, great Candy in action. PS: Shouldn’t this movie be shown on a 24-hour loop every Thanksgiving holiday, a la A Christmas Story? It’s an underrated holiday classic.)
Posted November 27 2008 — 11:00 AM EST
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- John Oliver uses song to explain why Washington, D.C., should become a state
- David Byrne calls for streaming service transparency in op-ed
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!