“There’s no way on earth we’re gonna get outta here tonight. We’dhave more luck playing Pick-Up Sticks with our butt cheeks than we willgetting a flight out of here before daybreak.” – Del Griffin (John Candy) in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. (Fast-forward to 0:37 in the embedded clip to watch the late, great Candy in action. PS: Shouldn’t this movie be shown on a 24-hour loop every Thanksgiving holiday, a la A Christmas Story? It’s an underrated holiday classic.)
Posted November 27 2008 — 11:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!