It’s tough being a young celeb these days. You star in the hottest new movie (Kristen Stewart), or you’re the biggest teen pop star (Miley Cyrus), or you’re a new light on Broadway (Xanadu’s Cheyenne Jackson), and then old people want to, y’know, ask you, like, questions and stuff. In the past week, we’ve seen how these performers have responded under such inhuman pressure. Jackson was caught mouthing the word ”bitch” (playfully, we think) after Kathie Lee Gifford chided him for oversleeping and, presumably, arriving at the Today show late. Cyrus went on Ellen DeGeneres and had an interview-halting giggle fit when asked about her boyfriend. Twilight’s Stewart slumped onto Dave Letterman’s set and volunteered that she had no anecdotes to tell (”Did you tell somebody this?” asked Dave, mentally firing a few of his producers). When Stewart said she was planning to drive to Russia from either London or Berlin, Letterman said, ”Let’s hope for Berlin” — he and the guffawing crowd seemed to understand that there is automobile-prohibitive seawater separating England from Russia in a way Stewart did not. Finishing school and geography lessons for the lot of ‘em, I say.
Posted November 28 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!