A nice essay in which the author reflects on John Hughes’ 1987 holiday film, which he maintains is “a classic that almost surpasses any of the teen comedies Hughes made.” I might have to agree — one scene alone (see “Clip du Jour” below) kills me every time I watch it.
Posted November 28 2008 — 3:30 PM EST
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?
- John 'Cha Cha' Ciarcia, actor on 'The Sopranos,' dies at 75
- People are naming their kids after the 'Empire' family
- Academy unveils shortlist of 15 Best Documentary contenders