An obvious patron of the cineplex lists seven examples (along with appropriate clips) of movie trailers that exceed the very films they’re trying to sell. He even provides a handy “Trailer Goodness to Movie Badness Ratio” for each: Pineapple Express (pictured) earns a 20-1 (“possibly the greatest trailer of the year,” he writes), but it’s not the worst offender. I know that a skillful editor can make you want to watch any movie, but I am still scarred by the wicked deceit of the expertly cut teasers for Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace — I’d give it a TGTMBR of 1,000-1. What trailers — recent or old — have burned you?
Posted December 8 2008 — 4:19 PM EST
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors