Dark Streets, a pre-WWII-set oddity, attempts to marry two faded genres: the musical and film noir. Mad Men’s Gabriel Mann stars as a playboy investigating the supposed suicide of his father. Meanwhile, the fact that he owns a nightclub provides the excuse to feature some vibrantly choreographed, extravagantly costumed song-and-dance numbers. Alas, the flimsy plot — less a whodunit than an isn’t-it-screamingly- obvious-that-that-guy-done-it! — will have thriller fans singing the blues. C+
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Gabriel Mann, Bijou Phillips, Elias Koteas, Izabella Miko; Director: Rachel Samuels; Author: Wallace King; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shondaland Revealed on heartbreaking Calzona-centric 'Grey's Anatomy'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' season 5 winner feels 'validated'
- Justin Timberlake's new song 'Can't Stop the Feeling' is here
- The new Han Solo is …
- 'Orphan Black' creators on their first Italian phone sex scene
- 'Les Misérables' director Tom Hooper to bring 'Cats' to the big screen
- 'Scandal' reveals presidential nominees