Dark Streets, a pre-WWII-set oddity, attempts to marry two faded genres: the musical and film noir. Mad Men’s Gabriel Mann stars as a playboy investigating the supposed suicide of his father. Meanwhile, the fact that he owns a nightclub provides the excuse to feature some vibrantly choreographed, extravagantly costumed song-and-dance numbers. Alas, the flimsy plot — less a whodunit than an isn’t-it-screamingly- obvious-that-that-guy-done-it! — will have thriller fans singing the blues. C+
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Gabriel Mann, Bijou Phillips, Elias Koteas, Izabella Miko; Director: Rachel Samuels; Author: Wallace King; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!