Dark Streets, a pre-WWII-set oddity, attempts to marry two faded genres: the musical and film noir. Mad Men’s Gabriel Mann stars as a playboy investigating the supposed suicide of his father. Meanwhile, the fact that he owns a nightclub provides the excuse to feature some vibrantly choreographed, extravagantly costumed song-and-dance numbers. Alas, the flimsy plot — less a whodunit than an isn’t-it-screamingly- obvious-that-that-guy-done-it! — will have thriller fans singing the blues. C+
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Gabriel Mann, Bijou Phillips, Elias Koteas, Izabella Miko; Director: Rachel Samuels; Author: Wallace King; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- 'DWTS' is bringing back Maksim Chmerkovskiy: source
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...