Dark Streets, a pre-WWII-set oddity, attempts to marry two faded genres: the musical and film noir. Mad Men’s Gabriel Mann stars as a playboy investigating the supposed suicide of his father. Meanwhile, the fact that he owns a nightclub provides the excuse to feature some vibrantly choreographed, extravagantly costumed song-and-dance numbers. Alas, the flimsy plot — less a whodunit than an isn’t-it-screamingly- obvious-that-that-guy-done-it! — will have thriller fans singing the blues. C+
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Gabriel Mann, Bijou Phillips, Elias Koteas, Izabella Miko; Director: Rachel Samuels; Author: Wallace King; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tom Cruise & Jimmy Fallon recreate 'Top Gun' during epic lip-sync battle
- Kaitlyn Bristowe tries on wedding dresses with Jimmy Kimmel
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!