Dark Streets, a pre-WWII-set oddity, attempts to marry two faded genres: the musical and film noir. Mad Men’s Gabriel Mann stars as a playboy investigating the supposed suicide of his father. Meanwhile, the fact that he owns a nightclub provides the excuse to feature some vibrantly choreographed, extravagantly costumed song-and-dance numbers. Alas, the flimsy plot — less a whodunit than an isn’t-it-screamingly- obvious-that-that-guy-done-it! — will have thriller fans singing the blues. C+
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Gabriel Mann, Bijou Phillips, Elias Koteas, Izabella Miko; Director: Rachel Samuels; Author: Wallace King; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!