I was totally stoked to see that two years after the quirky Showtime series ended, Dead Like Me will be back with a straight-to-DVD movie on Feb. 17 that features most of the stars: Ellen Muth, Cynthia Stevenson, Jasmine Guy, and Calum Blue. The one name glaringly missing from the Dead Like Me: Life After Death roster is Mandy Patinkin’s Rube, the leader of that motley crew of soul-catching undeads. I was a little worried about the loss of Patinkin’s dry-as-a-bone deadpan humor. It seemed like that quality was so essential for the others to play off of, but it is promising to see that Lost’s Henry Ian Cusick will play the new, less-upstanding, boss, which should add a new dynamic. (And to get your Rube fix, the nine-disc Complete Collection: Soul Collectors’ series DVD will go on sale the same day.) Take a look at the latest trailer and tell me if you’re excited, too, or if you think it should have stayed buried.
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:02 PM EST
- Original Pocahontas voice actress Judy Kuhn sings ‘Colors of the Wind’ in different styles
- Franz Ferdinand and Sparks collaboration, FFS, drops video for 'Call Girl'
- 'Kung Fury' is the most insane, over-the-top '80s action movie you never saw
- There's a lot of dancing in Lil Mama's new video
- Pink Floyd celebrates 50 years of existence with plaque
- Tame Impala releases another video for 'Cause I'm A Man'
- 'Lego Jurassic World' trailer features Lego Chris Pratt and Lego Indominous Rex