I was totally stoked to see that two years after the quirky Showtime series ended, Dead Like Me will be back with a straight-to-DVD movie on Feb. 17 that features most of the stars: Ellen Muth, Cynthia Stevenson, Jasmine Guy, and Calum Blue. The one name glaringly missing from the Dead Like Me: Life After Death roster is Mandy Patinkin’s Rube, the leader of that motley crew of soul-catching undeads. I was a little worried about the loss of Patinkin’s dry-as-a-bone deadpan humor. It seemed like that quality was so essential for the others to play off of, but it is promising to see that Lost’s Henry Ian Cusick will play the new, less-upstanding, boss, which should add a new dynamic. (And to get your Rube fix, the nine-disc Complete Collection: Soul Collectors’ series DVD will go on sale the same day.) Take a look at the latest trailer and tell me if you’re excited, too, or if you think it should have stayed buried.
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:02 PM EST
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- See Jessica Simpson and Tracee Ellis Ross' glamorous 'sister' photo
- Kanye West to perform '808s & Heartbreak' in full at Hollywood Bowl
- 5 shows to watch now that 'Hannibal' is over
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!