I was totally stoked to see that two years after the quirky Showtime series ended, Dead Like Me will be back with a straight-to-DVD movie on Feb. 17 that features most of the stars: Ellen Muth, Cynthia Stevenson, Jasmine Guy, and Calum Blue. The one name glaringly missing from the Dead Like Me: Life After Death roster is Mandy Patinkin’s Rube, the leader of that motley crew of soul-catching undeads. I was a little worried about the loss of Patinkin’s dry-as-a-bone deadpan humor. It seemed like that quality was so essential for the others to play off of, but it is promising to see that Lost’s Henry Ian Cusick will play the new, less-upstanding, boss, which should add a new dynamic. (And to get your Rube fix, the nine-disc Complete Collection: Soul Collectors’ series DVD will go on sale the same day.) Take a look at the latest trailer and tell me if you’re excited, too, or if you think it should have stayed buried.
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:02 PM EST
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- 'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs on Carl's biggest episode ever
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big