I was totally stoked to see that two years after the quirky Showtime series ended, Dead Like Me will be back with a straight-to-DVD movie on Feb. 17 that features most of the stars: Ellen Muth, Cynthia Stevenson, Jasmine Guy, and Calum Blue. The one name glaringly missing from the Dead Like Me: Life After Death roster is Mandy Patinkin’s Rube, the leader of that motley crew of soul-catching undeads. I was a little worried about the loss of Patinkin’s dry-as-a-bone deadpan humor. It seemed like that quality was so essential for the others to play off of, but it is promising to see that Lost’s Henry Ian Cusick will play the new, less-upstanding, boss, which should add a new dynamic. (And to get your Rube fix, the nine-disc Complete Collection: Soul Collectors’ series DVD will go on sale the same day.) Take a look at the latest trailer and tell me if you’re excited, too, or if you think it should have stayed buried.
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:02 PM EST
- See Dwayne Johnson's latest post-gym dance moves
- Ava DuVernay, Catherine Hardwicke respond to Hollywood gender discrimination probe
- There will be magazine cover drama in Lifetime's 'Melrose Place' movie
- 'Blindspot' gets full season order
- Celebs share sage advice for EW's 25th birthday: 'Stop staying out late'
- 'Teen Wolf' at Comic Con: Chris isn't the only Argent returning
- What we learned from the 'Mr. Robot' New York Comic-Con panel