I was totally stoked to see that two years after the quirky Showtime series ended, Dead Like Me will be back with a straight-to-DVD movie on Feb. 17 that features most of the stars: Ellen Muth, Cynthia Stevenson, Jasmine Guy, and Calum Blue. The one name glaringly missing from the Dead Like Me: Life After Death roster is Mandy Patinkin’s Rube, the leader of that motley crew of soul-catching undeads. I was a little worried about the loss of Patinkin’s dry-as-a-bone deadpan humor. It seemed like that quality was so essential for the others to play off of, but it is promising to see that Lost’s Henry Ian Cusick will play the new, less-upstanding, boss, which should add a new dynamic. (And to get your Rube fix, the nine-disc Complete Collection: Soul Collectors’ series DVD will go on sale the same day.) Take a look at the latest trailer and tell me if you’re excited, too, or if you think it should have stayed buried.
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:02 PM EST
- Rob Lowe parodies sex tape scandal with Roast ad
- Bill Nye 'Saves the World' in new Netflix talk show
- Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- 'AGT': Grace VanderWaal continues to shine with 'Light the Sky'
- Ed Sheeran and Snow Patrol make surprise wedding performance
- It's Black Panther vs. Black Widow in deleted scene from 'Civil War'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Arizona's getting a new love interest!
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall