Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a homeless shelter, a onetime boxer (John Leguizamo) takes his 10-year-old stepson (David Castro) with him as he hustles for work on Christmas Eve. Writer-director Salvatore Stabile has a good eye for the details of hard-luck ordinariness, and he sketches believable family bonds with a minimum of flourish. Best is Castro, a forthright young actor with liquid eyes. B+
Where God Left His Shoes Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...Where God Left His ShoesDramaSalvatore StabilePT90MPG Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...2008-12-10Manny PerezLeonor VarelaManny Perez, Leonor Varela
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Manny Perez, Leonor Varela; Director: Salvatore Stabile; Author: Salvatore Stabile; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!