Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a homeless shelter, a onetime boxer (John Leguizamo) takes his 10-year-old stepson (David Castro) with him as he hustles for work on Christmas Eve. Writer-director Salvatore Stabile has a good eye for the details of hard-luck ordinariness, and he sketches believable family bonds with a minimum of flourish. Best is Castro, a forthright young actor with liquid eyes. B+
Where God Left His Shoes Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...Where God Left His ShoesDramaSalvatore StabilePT90MPG Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...2008-12-10Manny PerezLeonor VarelaManny Perez, Leonor Varela
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Manny Perez, Leonor Varela; Director: Salvatore Stabile; Author: Salvatore Stabile; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!