Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a homeless shelter, a onetime boxer (John Leguizamo) takes his 10-year-old stepson (David Castro) with him as he hustles for work on Christmas Eve. Writer-director Salvatore Stabile has a good eye for the details of hard-luck ordinariness, and he sketches believable family bonds with a minimum of flourish. Best is Castro, a forthright young actor with liquid eyes. B+
Where God Left His Shoes Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...Where God Left His ShoesDramaSalvatore StabilePT90MPG Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...2008-12-10Manny PerezLeonor VarelaManny Perez, Leonor Varela
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Manny Perez, Leonor Varela; Director: Salvatore Stabile; Author: Salvatore Stabile; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- USA picks up Ryan Phillippe-starring 'Shooter' to series
- 'The Walking Dead': See the first 4 minutes of the midseason premiere
- How Sarah Wayne Callies saved Carol on 'The Walking Dead'
- Samuel L. Jackson circling role in Stephen King's 'Revival'
- Director of R-rated 'Deadpool' is a great big softy: 'I cry easily'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday