Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a homeless shelter, a onetime boxer (John Leguizamo) takes his 10-year-old stepson (David Castro) with him as he hustles for work on Christmas Eve. Writer-director Salvatore Stabile has a good eye for the details of hard-luck ordinariness, and he sketches believable family bonds with a minimum of flourish. Best is Castro, a forthright young actor with liquid eyes. B+
Where God Left His Shoes Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...Where God Left His ShoesDramaSalvatore StabilePT90MPG Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...2008-12-10Manny PerezLeonor VarelaManny Perez, Leonor Varela
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Manny Perez, Leonor Varela; Director: Salvatore Stabile; Author: Salvatore Stabile; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!