Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a homeless shelter, a onetime boxer (John Leguizamo) takes his 10-year-old stepson (David Castro) with him as he hustles for work on Christmas Eve. Writer-director Salvatore Stabile has a good eye for the details of hard-luck ordinariness, and he sketches believable family bonds with a minimum of flourish. Best is Castro, a forthright young actor with liquid eyes. B+
Where God Left His Shoes Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...Where God Left His ShoesDramaSalvatore StabilePT90MPG Italian neorealism meets A Christmas Carol in NYC in Where God Left His Shoes. Jobless and living with his family in a...2008-12-10Manny PerezLeonor VarelaManny Perez, Leonor Varela
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Manny Perez, Leonor Varela; Director: Salvatore Stabile; Author: Salvatore Stabile; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- Sony reaches settlement in hacking lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!