In Seven Pounds, an unintentionally ludicrous drama of repentance as an extreme sport, a humorless, impenetrable Will Smith plays a guy ?who’s really rich, really apologetic about mistakes he’s made in the past, and really, by any sane moviegoer’s measure, kind of nuts. (He may or may not be an IRS agent; ?he definitely keeps a deadly jellyfish as a pet in his seedy motel room.) Poor Rosario Dawson looks lovely but lost as a beautiful woman with a real-not-metaphorical ?failing heart; Woody Harrelson looks ready for an SNL sketch as a gentle, blind telephone operator and pianist. Do not attempt ?these acts of atonement at home. D
Genre: Drama; Starring: Rosario Dawson, Will Smith, Woody Harrelson; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Grant Nieporte; Release Date Wide: 12/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!