In Seven Pounds, an unintentionally ludicrous drama of repentance as an extreme sport, a humorless, impenetrable Will Smith plays a guy ?who’s really rich, really apologetic about mistakes he’s made in the past, and really, by any sane moviegoer’s measure, kind of nuts. (He may or may not be an IRS agent; ?he definitely keeps a deadly jellyfish as a pet in his seedy motel room.) Poor Rosario Dawson looks lovely but lost as a beautiful woman with a real-not-metaphorical ?failing heart; Woody Harrelson looks ready for an SNL sketch as a gentle, blind telephone operator and pianist. Do not attempt ?these acts of atonement at home. D
Genre: Drama; Starring: Rosario Dawson, Will Smith, Woody Harrelson; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Grant Nieporte; Release Date Wide: 12/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted December 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!