In Seven Pounds, an unintentionally ludicrous drama of repentance as an extreme sport, a humorless, impenetrable Will Smith plays a guy ?who’s really rich, really apologetic about mistakes he’s made in the past, and really, by any sane moviegoer’s measure, kind of nuts. (He may or may not be an IRS agent; ?he definitely keeps a deadly jellyfish as a pet in his seedy motel room.) Poor Rosario Dawson looks lovely but lost as a beautiful woman with a real-not-metaphorical ?failing heart; Woody Harrelson looks ready for an SNL sketch as a gentle, blind telephone operator and pianist. Do not attempt ?these acts of atonement at home. D
Genre: Drama; Starring: Rosario Dawson, Will Smith, Woody Harrelson; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Grant Nieporte; Release Date Wide: 12/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted December 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles