In Seven Pounds, an unintentionally ludicrous drama of repentance as an extreme sport, a humorless, impenetrable Will Smith plays a guy ?who’s really rich, really apologetic about mistakes he’s made in the past, and really, by any sane moviegoer’s measure, kind of nuts. (He may or may not be an IRS agent; ?he definitely keeps a deadly jellyfish as a pet in his seedy motel room.) Poor Rosario Dawson looks lovely but lost as a beautiful woman with a real-not-metaphorical ?failing heart; Woody Harrelson looks ready for an SNL sketch as a gentle, blind telephone operator and pianist. Do not attempt ?these acts of atonement at home. D
Genre: Drama; Starring: Rosario Dawson, Will Smith, Woody Harrelson; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Grant Nieporte; Release Date Wide: 12/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted December 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lee Daniels makes impassioned plea for gun control reform at DNC
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- Brie Larson opens up about 'nerve-racking' Captain Marvel reveal
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels