In Seven Pounds, an unintentionally ludicrous drama of repentance as an extreme sport, a humorless, impenetrable Will Smith plays a guy ?who’s really rich, really apologetic about mistakes he’s made in the past, and really, by any sane moviegoer’s measure, kind of nuts. (He may or may not be an IRS agent; ?he definitely keeps a deadly jellyfish as a pet in his seedy motel room.) Poor Rosario Dawson looks lovely but lost as a beautiful woman with a real-not-metaphorical ?failing heart; Woody Harrelson looks ready for an SNL sketch as a gentle, blind telephone operator and pianist. Do not attempt ?these acts of atonement at home. D
Genre: Drama; Starring: Rosario Dawson, Will Smith, Woody Harrelson; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Grant Nieporte; Release Date Wide: 12/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted December 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Leonardo DiCaprio isn't afraid to die anymore in new 'The Revenant' promo
- Penguin and Riddler sing Gordon a lullaby in exclusive 'Gotham' sneak peek
- Amy Schumer shows off bruises from 'Saturday Night Live' sketch
- X marks Mulder and Scully in exclusive new 'X-Files' poster
- Animal Collective announce 'Painting With,' share 'FloriDada'
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig