In case you didn’t know (which you probably don’t, since I’m making this up now), December is International List Month, in which people around the world compile lists for any reason at all (best and worst films/tv shows/music/books, etc.). Mandi Bierly blogged about an interesting list: Moviefone’s 50 best films of the year, and I’ve seen 13 and a half (I fell asleep during Iron Man. I know it’s awesome – I promise to try again soon.) At least that’s better than my worst films ratio (two out of ten). I don’t need a special month to make lists, I just need a week to end so I can count down PopWatch’s most-commented-on posts over the last seven days.
This week’s Enter the Fray:
9. Sadly, Saturday marked Amy Poehler’s final episode of Saturday Night Live as a regular cast member. While we wish her luck with the funniest baby who ever lived (or a little baby Sean Penn?), we hope she comes back to visit every now and then.
8. Help Michael Slezak with his DVR dilemma: Watch the rest of the recorded episodes of now-canceled My Own Worst Enemy and Dirty Sexy Money, or delete the lot?
7. Mike Bruno speculated about the latest crop of Batman casting rumors, sparked by a report that Eddie Murphy is being considered for the Riddler. Thoughts?
6. SNL’s Fred Armisen impersonated blind New York governor David Paterson on this week’s show, and Mike B. wondered if it was it offensive or hilarious.
5. Mandi Bierly was surprised that she watched Trapper John, M.D. as a kid (among the rest of her teen-friendly fare). My childhood TV anomaly: Nash Bridges. (Seriously, why did I watch that?)
4. Slezak thought David Archuleta’s new video for ”A Little Too Not Over You” was sorta like a turkey sandwich on white (with lite mayo)– ”you kind of forget about it the minute it’s over.” What kind of sandwich do you think it is?
2. The trailer for X-Men Origins: Wolverine ”tickles all of [Marc Bernardin]’s geek erogenous zones.” Plus, it stars the Sexiest Man Alive.
1. Jeff Probst was pleased with the outcome of the Survivor: Gabon finale. Read the rest of his thoughts in the final installment of his weekly blog.