As the late 18th century’s Duchess of Devonshire — a fashionable, well-liked ancestor of Princess Diana — Keira Knightley brings passion and grace to this otherwise flawed period piece. While her costumes are beautifully crafted, The Duchess fails to illustrate just why she was so beloved. The EXTRAS shed some light, but are dreadfully dry. If only the filmmakers had taken as much time to mold Knightley’s character as they did her Bride of Frankenstein hair. C
Starring: Ralph Fiennes, Keira Knightley; Starring: Dominic Cooper, Hayley Atwell; Director: Saul Dibb; Author: Saul Dibb, Jeffrey Hatcher, Anders Thomas Jensen; Release Date Limited: 09/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Vantage
Posted December 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips