As the late 18th century’s Duchess of Devonshire — a fashionable, well-liked ancestor of Princess Diana — Keira Knightley brings passion and grace to this otherwise flawed period piece. While her costumes are beautifully crafted, The Duchess fails to illustrate just why she was so beloved. The EXTRAS shed some light, but are dreadfully dry. If only the filmmakers had taken as much time to mold Knightley’s character as they did her Bride of Frankenstein hair. C
Starring: Ralph Fiennes, Keira Knightley; Starring: Dominic Cooper, Hayley Atwell; Director: Saul Dibb; Author: Saul Dibb, Jeffrey Hatcher, Anders Thomas Jensen; Release Date Limited: 09/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Vantage
Posted December 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' creator Robert Kirkman says the Morgan-Carol conflict 'is only beginning'
- New 'Star Wars' LEGO series heading to Disney XD
- How many of the bestselling albums of the past 25 years do you own?
- Kevin Costner has Ryan Reynolds' memories in 'Criminal' trailer
- Andrew Lincoln agrees his 'Love Actually' character is a ‘stalker’
- 'Shameless' first look: The Gallaghers get a visitor from 'Twin Peaks'
- 5 things to expect from the Grammys