As the late 18th century’s Duchess of Devonshire — a fashionable, well-liked ancestor of Princess Diana — Keira Knightley brings passion and grace to this otherwise flawed period piece. While her costumes are beautifully crafted, The Duchess fails to illustrate just why she was so beloved. The EXTRAS shed some light, but are dreadfully dry. If only the filmmakers had taken as much time to mold Knightley’s character as they did her Bride of Frankenstein hair. C
Starring: Ralph Fiennes, Keira Knightley; Starring: Dominic Cooper, Hayley Atwell; Director: Saul Dibb; Author: Saul Dibb, Jeffrey Hatcher, Anders Thomas Jensen; Release Date Limited: 09/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Vantage
Posted December 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- Sienna Miller's role was cut from 'Black Mass'
- Phantogram's Sarah Barthel explains her rad guest spot on Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!