Kids love Adam Sandler, who has played more than his share of men who would be boys, so a cockeyed kiddie fantasy flick ought to be a natural fit for him. But Bedtime Stories is even worse than his innocuous Hanukkah cartoon, Eight Crazy Nights (2002). It’s a dispirited, galumphing mess in which Sandler, as a hotel handyman who spins out tall tales for his niece and nephew, pictures himself in assorted historical-kitsch guises (doofus medieval peasant, doofus Wild West cowpoke, doofus space warrior, etc.), all of which add up to a soggier sponge cake of a time-trip burlesque than Mel Brooks’ History of the World: Part I. D
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adam Sandler, Courteney Cox, Guy Pearce, Keri Russell; Director: Adam Shankman; Author: Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel