Kids love Adam Sandler, who has played more than his share of men who would be boys, so a cockeyed kiddie fantasy flick ought to be a natural fit for him. But Bedtime Stories is even worse than his innocuous Hanukkah cartoon, Eight Crazy Nights (2002). It’s a dispirited, galumphing mess in which Sandler, as a hotel handyman who spins out tall tales for his niece and nephew, pictures himself in assorted historical-kitsch guises (doofus medieval peasant, doofus Wild West cowpoke, doofus space warrior, etc.), all of which add up to a soggier sponge cake of a time-trip burlesque than Mel Brooks’ History of the World: Part I. D
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adam Sandler, Courteney Cox, Guy Pearce, Keri Russell; Director: Adam Shankman; Author: Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor