Kids love Adam Sandler, who has played more than his share of men who would be boys, so a cockeyed kiddie fantasy flick ought to be a natural fit for him. But Bedtime Stories is even worse than his innocuous Hanukkah cartoon, Eight Crazy Nights (2002). It’s a dispirited, galumphing mess in which Sandler, as a hotel handyman who spins out tall tales for his niece and nephew, pictures himself in assorted historical-kitsch guises (doofus medieval peasant, doofus Wild West cowpoke, doofus space warrior, etc.), all of which add up to a soggier sponge cake of a time-trip burlesque than Mel Brooks’ History of the World: Part I. D
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adam Sandler, Courteney Cox, Guy Pearce, Keri Russell; Director: Adam Shankman; Author: Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Peih-Gee Law on the advice Amanda Kimmel gave her
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!