Kids love Adam Sandler, who has played more than his share of men who would be boys, so a cockeyed kiddie fantasy flick ought to be a natural fit for him. But Bedtime Stories is even worse than his innocuous Hanukkah cartoon, Eight Crazy Nights (2002). It’s a dispirited, galumphing mess in which Sandler, as a hotel handyman who spins out tall tales for his niece and nephew, pictures himself in assorted historical-kitsch guises (doofus medieval peasant, doofus Wild West cowpoke, doofus space warrior, etc.), all of which add up to a soggier sponge cake of a time-trip burlesque than Mel Brooks’ History of the World: Part I. D
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adam Sandler, Courteney Cox, Guy Pearce, Keri Russell; Director: Adam Shankman; Author: Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'
- WATCH: 'Prison Break' star Wentworth Miller on escaping... again
- Keegan-Michael Key, 'Serial' host Sarah Keonig to guest on 'Son of Zorn'