Kids love Adam Sandler, who has played more than his share of men who would be boys, so a cockeyed kiddie fantasy flick ought to be a natural fit for him. But Bedtime Stories is even worse than his innocuous Hanukkah cartoon, Eight Crazy Nights (2002). It’s a dispirited, galumphing mess in which Sandler, as a hotel handyman who spins out tall tales for his niece and nephew, pictures himself in assorted historical-kitsch guises (doofus medieval peasant, doofus Wild West cowpoke, doofus space warrior, etc.), all of which add up to a soggier sponge cake of a time-trip burlesque than Mel Brooks’ History of the World: Part I. D
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adam Sandler, Courteney Cox, Guy Pearce, Keri Russell; Director: Adam Shankman; Author: Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?