It wouldn’t be Christmas for me without playing the Waitresses’ delightfully droll carol, “Christmas Wrapping,” a tale of a lonely singleton who finds love in the supermarket checkout aisle on a magical Dec. 25. (I can’t help but grin every time I hear the delightful couplet, “A&P has provided me/ With the world’s smallest turkey.”) It may not necessarily be an improvement that this embedded clip pairs the song with a seizure-inducing display of holiday lights, but you can always look away as the music plays! Happy, happy. Merry, merry!
Posted December 25 2008 — 8:15 PM EST
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories