It’s just like Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol,” except that in this version, singer-songwriter Aimee Mann is forced to rediscover the true meaning of a Christmas concert tour after she demands her band play a Dec. 25 gig sponsored by Activia yogurt. (“Nobody buys CDs anymore; you’ve got to attach yourself to a sponsor,” she reasons.) Oh, also, the Ghost of Christmas Past communicates with Mann via Skype and (to save on budget) helps her rediscover her joy by sending her YouTube links to old concert footage. But let me not give it all away (except to say that John Krasinski, Michael Cera, and John C. Reilly are all involved). Check out part 1 embedded here, then head over to YouTube to see parts 2, 3 and 4.
Posted December 26 2008 — 5:00 PM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony