Part owner’s manual and part business proposal, Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson argues that we can treat animals better if we consider the emotions that motivate them. (Tip: If your dog waits for a moment before going ?outside, it doesn’t matter who walks out first; you’re teaching ”impulse control,” not dominance.) Noted scholar Grandin — who believes her autism helps her understand animals — devotes equal space to domestic, commercial, and captive animals. For pet owners, her perspective is invaluable, but slaughterhouses aren’t likely to change without an economic incentive to match Grandin’s moral one. A?
Animals Make Us HumanPart owner's manual and part business proposal, Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson argues that we can treat...Animals Make Us HumanScience and Technology, NonfictionTemple Grandin, Catherine JohnsonPart owner's manual and part business proposal, Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson argues that we can treat...2009-01-07Harcourt
Genre: Science and Technology, Nonfiction; Author: Temple Grandin, Catherine Johnson; Publisher: Harcourt
Posted January 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!