Lark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ”a kid who can’t walk and doesn’t talk.” Lark & Termite, the story of how the two came to be living with their aunt in West Virginia in the summer of 1959 is, in the hands of fever-dreamy storyteller Jayne Anne Phillips (MotherKind, Machine Dreams), an unnerving saga that finds its way back to the agonies of an American soldier trapped in a cave ?in the Korean War. Phillips returns to familiar preoccupations — siblings tested by adversity, war abroad that shakes life at home, the power of sex, the West Virginia of her birth — but she makes her tough turf new again. A?
Lark & TermiteLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & TermiteLark & TermiteFictionJayne Anne PhillipsLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & Termite2009-01-07Knopf
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jayne Anne Phillips; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!