Lark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ”a kid who can’t walk and doesn’t talk.” Lark & Termite, the story of how the two came to be living with their aunt in West Virginia in the summer of 1959 is, in the hands of fever-dreamy storyteller Jayne Anne Phillips (MotherKind, Machine Dreams), an unnerving saga that finds its way back to the agonies of an American soldier trapped in a cave ?in the Korean War. Phillips returns to familiar preoccupations — siblings tested by adversity, war abroad that shakes life at home, the power of sex, the West Virginia of her birth — but she makes her tough turf new again. A?
Lark & TermiteLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & TermiteLark & TermiteFictionJayne Anne PhillipsLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & Termite2009-01-07Knopf
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jayne Anne Phillips; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!