Lark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ”a kid who can’t walk and doesn’t talk.” Lark & Termite, the story of how the two came to be living with their aunt in West Virginia in the summer of 1959 is, in the hands of fever-dreamy storyteller Jayne Anne Phillips (MotherKind, Machine Dreams), an unnerving saga that finds its way back to the agonies of an American soldier trapped in a cave ?in the Korean War. Phillips returns to familiar preoccupations — siblings tested by adversity, war abroad that shakes life at home, the power of sex, the West Virginia of her birth — but she makes her tough turf new again. A?
Lark & TermiteLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & TermiteLark & TermiteFictionJayne Anne PhillipsLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & Termite2009-01-07Knopf
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jayne Anne Phillips; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!