Lark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ”a kid who can’t walk and doesn’t talk.” Lark & Termite, the story of how the two came to be living with their aunt in West Virginia in the summer of 1959 is, in the hands of fever-dreamy storyteller Jayne Anne Phillips (MotherKind, Machine Dreams), an unnerving saga that finds its way back to the agonies of an American soldier trapped in a cave ?in the Korean War. Phillips returns to familiar preoccupations — siblings tested by adversity, war abroad that shakes life at home, the power of sex, the West Virginia of her birth — but she makes her tough turf new again. A?
Lark & TermiteLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & TermiteLark & TermiteFictionJayne Anne PhillipsLark is a teenage girl; Termite is the nickname of her young half brother — ''a kid who can't walk and doesn't talk.'' Lark & Termite2009-01-07Knopf
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jayne Anne Phillips; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Here's how J.K. Rowling responded to Ireland's historic gay marriage vote
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!