Marking its territory in the mind-boggling ? middle ground between Schindler’s List and ? Beverly Hills Chihuahua, the cartoonish kid pic Hotel for Dogs — adapted from the ? award-winning 1971 ? children’s book — turns out to be a weirdly ? oblivious Holocaust ? parable about a sibling duo of righteous dog-?ophiles (Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin) ?bent on rescuing strays from systematic ? execution at the hands of Gestapo-like dog catchers. But don’t worry. There are still cuddly pups and piddle jokes aplenty. C?
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jake T. Austin, Emma Roberts, Don Cheadle, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Thor Freudenthal; Author: Jeff Lowell, Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley; Release Date Wide: 01/16/2009; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' makes history with all-female creative team
- Paramount sets digital dates for 'Scouts Guide,' 'Paranormal Activity' under flexible release plan
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: J.J. Abrams (sort of) decodes 'Star Wars' cast photo
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' wins NBR award for best film
- See Dave Grohl compete in a drum-off against Animal on 'The Muppets'
- Marching band masterfully covers Adele's 'Hello'
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists