Marking its territory in the mind-boggling ? middle ground between Schindler’s List and ? Beverly Hills Chihuahua, the cartoonish kid pic Hotel for Dogs — adapted from the ? award-winning 1971 ? children’s book — turns out to be a weirdly ? oblivious Holocaust ? parable about a sibling duo of righteous dog-?ophiles (Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin) ?bent on rescuing strays from systematic ? execution at the hands of Gestapo-like dog catchers. But don’t worry. There are still cuddly pups and piddle jokes aplenty. C?
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jake T. Austin, Emma Roberts, Don Cheadle, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Thor Freudenthal; Author: Jeff Lowell, Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley; Release Date Wide: 01/16/2009; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Rizzoli & Isles' 100th ep: Angie Harmon describes directorial debut
- Third Eye Blind debut new song about police brutality
- Famed singer Marni Nixon dies at 86
- First Look: Jake Gyllenhaal, Amy Adams in 'Nocturnal Animals'
- WATCH: Which TV character would make the best president?
- Donald Trump Reddit AMA announced for Wednesday
- Bindi Irwin honors late father on 18th birthday
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'