Marking its territory in the mind-boggling ? middle ground between Schindler’s List and ? Beverly Hills Chihuahua, the cartoonish kid pic Hotel for Dogs — adapted from the ? award-winning 1971 ? children’s book — turns out to be a weirdly ? oblivious Holocaust ? parable about a sibling duo of righteous dog-?ophiles (Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin) ?bent on rescuing strays from systematic ? execution at the hands of Gestapo-like dog catchers. But don’t worry. There are still cuddly pups and piddle jokes aplenty. C?
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jake T. Austin, Emma Roberts, Don Cheadle, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Thor Freudenthal; Author: Jeff Lowell, Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley; Release Date Wide: 01/16/2009; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars' and his journey to it
- 'Furious 7': Fourth weekend at No. 1