Marking its territory in the mind-boggling ? middle ground between Schindler’s List and ? Beverly Hills Chihuahua, the cartoonish kid pic Hotel for Dogs — adapted from the ? award-winning 1971 ? children’s book — turns out to be a weirdly ? oblivious Holocaust ? parable about a sibling duo of righteous dog-?ophiles (Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin) ?bent on rescuing strays from systematic ? execution at the hands of Gestapo-like dog catchers. But don’t worry. There are still cuddly pups and piddle jokes aplenty. C?
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jake T. Austin, Emma Roberts, Don Cheadle, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Thor Freudenthal; Author: Jeff Lowell, Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley; Release Date Wide: 01/16/2009; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories
- 'Deadpool 2' loses director Tim Miller
- Steve Dillon, 'Preacher' comic book artist and co-creator, dies
- Adam Levine responds to sick teen's heartwarming Maroon 5 cover