Marking its territory in the mind-boggling ? middle ground between Schindler’s List and ? Beverly Hills Chihuahua, the cartoonish kid pic Hotel for Dogs — adapted from the ? award-winning 1971 ? children’s book — turns out to be a weirdly ? oblivious Holocaust ? parable about a sibling duo of righteous dog-?ophiles (Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin) ?bent on rescuing strays from systematic ? execution at the hands of Gestapo-like dog catchers. But don’t worry. There are still cuddly pups and piddle jokes aplenty. C?
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jake T. Austin, Emma Roberts, Don Cheadle, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Thor Freudenthal; Author: Jeff Lowell, Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley; Release Date Wide: 01/16/2009; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- A look back at the time 'Silence of the Lambs' won big at the Oscars
- Happy Valentine's Day! Read highlights from Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner previews introduction of the Hilltop
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll