If you’ve ponied up 10 bucks to see The Brothers or The Best Man, you’ll know what you’re in for with Not Easily Broken, a churchy dramedy about a young African-American couple coping with a strained marriage. Morris Chestnut, a vet of both of those earlier films, aces the role of the put-upon husband. ?And Taraji P. Henson (Benjamin Button) adds a dash of ? vinegar as the materialistic wife with a shrewish live-in mother. Laughter through tears is ? director Bill Duke’s M.O., and he hits the bull’s-eye of that modest target. ?B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Morris Chestnut, Taraji P. Henson, Wood Harris, Kevin Hart, Maeve Quinlan; Director: Bill Duke; Author: Brian Bird, T.D. Jakes; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Look who's going to the chapel on 'Last Man Standing'
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by Pixar, 'Incredibles 2' takes its date
- President Obama to appear on 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee'
- The CW unveils its holiday specials lineup
- 'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones: 'I got pretty doomsday'
- 'The Flash' first look: Time to meet Caitlin Snow's mom!
- Stephen Colbert teases election night special in sultry promo
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like