If you’ve ponied up 10 bucks to see The Brothers or The Best Man, you’ll know what you’re in for with Not Easily Broken, a churchy dramedy about a young African-American couple coping with a strained marriage. Morris Chestnut, a vet of both of those earlier films, aces the role of the put-upon husband. ?And Taraji P. Henson (Benjamin Button) adds a dash of ? vinegar as the materialistic wife with a shrewish live-in mother. Laughter through tears is ? director Bill Duke’s M.O., and he hits the bull’s-eye of that modest target. ?B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Morris Chestnut, Taraji P. Henson, Wood Harris, Kevin Hart, Maeve Quinlan; Director: Bill Duke; Author: Brian Bird, T.D. Jakes; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michaela Watkins on new Hulu comedy 'Casual': 'It's kind of a cool trip'
- 'Terminator' franchise 're-adjusting' before future films
- 'Maze Runner' cast accused of taking Native American artifacts
- Taylor Swift is officially the most popular person on Instagram
- 50 artists who couldn't have rocked without Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill'
- See Ellen Page audition to be a stand-up comedian on 'Conan'
- Inside the Keatons' picture perfect 'Family Ties' reunion for EW