If you’ve ponied up 10 bucks to see The Brothers or The Best Man, you’ll know what you’re in for with Not Easily Broken, a churchy dramedy about a young African-American couple coping with a strained marriage. Morris Chestnut, a vet of both of those earlier films, aces the role of the put-upon husband. ?And Taraji P. Henson (Benjamin Button) adds a dash of ? vinegar as the materialistic wife with a shrewish live-in mother. Laughter through tears is ? director Bill Duke’s M.O., and he hits the bull’s-eye of that modest target. ?B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Morris Chestnut, Taraji P. Henson, Wood Harris, Kevin Hart, Maeve Quinlan; Director: Bill Duke; Author: Brian Bird, T.D. Jakes; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50