If you’ve ponied up 10 bucks to see The Brothers or The Best Man, you’ll know what you’re in for with Not Easily Broken, a churchy dramedy about a young African-American couple coping with a strained marriage. Morris Chestnut, a vet of both of those earlier films, aces the role of the put-upon husband. ?And Taraji P. Henson (Benjamin Button) adds a dash of ? vinegar as the materialistic wife with a shrewish live-in mother. Laughter through tears is ? director Bill Duke’s M.O., and he hits the bull’s-eye of that modest target. ?B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Morris Chestnut, Taraji P. Henson, Wood Harris, Kevin Hart, Maeve Quinlan; Director: Bill Duke; Author: Brian Bird, T.D. Jakes; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinksi join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!