Remember how moved you were when Noah (Ryan Gosling) confessed with fiery emotion that his love for free-spirited Allie (Rachel McAdams) was still alive? (“It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over!” he shouted before they embraced.) Of course you do: The Notebook has become the go-to tearjerker for hopeless romantics everywhere. With the special-edition boxed set — out just in time for Valentine’s Day! — fans can relive the gut-wrenching drama all over again. Literally. With no new EXTRAS or features included, the DVD is virtually identical to the one already in your collection. The only difference is it now comes in a prettier case that’s loaded with lots of pointless stuff — like stickers, stationery, a photo album, and bookmarks. At the very least, they could’ve included a box of Kleenex. Movie: A Gift set: D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands; Director: Nick Cassavetes; Author: Jan Sardi, Jeremy Leven; Runtime (in minutes): 123; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'