Remember how moved you were when Noah (Ryan Gosling) confessed with fiery emotion that his love for free-spirited Allie (Rachel McAdams) was still alive? (“It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over!” he shouted before they embraced.) Of course you do: The Notebook has become the go-to tearjerker for hopeless romantics everywhere. With the special-edition boxed set — out just in time for Valentine’s Day! — fans can relive the gut-wrenching drama all over again. Literally. With no new EXTRAS or features included, the DVD is virtually identical to the one already in your collection. The only difference is it now comes in a prettier case that’s loaded with lots of pointless stuff — like stickers, stationery, a photo album, and bookmarks. At the very least, they could’ve included a box of Kleenex. Movie: A Gift set: D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands; Director: Nick Cassavetes; Author: Jan Sardi, Jeremy Leven; Runtime (in minutes): 123; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'Dancing with the Stars' taps Alexa and Carlos PenaVega
- Box office preview: 'Straight Outta Compton' set for third weekend at the top
- O.J. Simpson documentaries to air on A&E and LMN
- 'Grandfathered' enlists JoAnna Garcia Swisher
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!