Remember how moved you were when Noah (Ryan Gosling) confessed with fiery emotion that his love for free-spirited Allie (Rachel McAdams) was still alive? (“It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over!” he shouted before they embraced.) Of course you do: The Notebook has become the go-to tearjerker for hopeless romantics everywhere. With the special-edition boxed set — out just in time for Valentine’s Day! — fans can relive the gut-wrenching drama all over again. Literally. With no new EXTRAS or features included, the DVD is virtually identical to the one already in your collection. The only difference is it now comes in a prettier case that’s loaded with lots of pointless stuff — like stickers, stationery, a photo album, and bookmarks. At the very least, they could’ve included a box of Kleenex. Movie: A Gift set: D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands; Director: Nick Cassavetes; Author: Jan Sardi, Jeremy Leven; Runtime (in minutes): 123; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!