Remember how moved you were when Noah (Ryan Gosling) confessed with fiery emotion that his love for free-spirited Allie (Rachel McAdams) was still alive? (“It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over!” he shouted before they embraced.) Of course you do: The Notebook has become the go-to tearjerker for hopeless romantics everywhere. With the special-edition boxed set — out just in time for Valentine’s Day! — fans can relive the gut-wrenching drama all over again. Literally. With no new EXTRAS or features included, the DVD is virtually identical to the one already in your collection. The only difference is it now comes in a prettier case that’s loaded with lots of pointless stuff — like stickers, stationery, a photo album, and bookmarks. At the very least, they could’ve included a box of Kleenex. Movie: A Gift set: D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands; Director: Nick Cassavetes; Author: Jan Sardi, Jeremy Leven; Runtime (in minutes): 123; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Play 'Pac-Man' around the world in Google Maps
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff's role for Caity Lotz? Let's theorize...
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!