Remember how moved you were when Noah (Ryan Gosling) confessed with fiery emotion that his love for free-spirited Allie (Rachel McAdams) was still alive? (“It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over!” he shouted before they embraced.) Of course you do: The Notebook has become the go-to tearjerker for hopeless romantics everywhere. With the special-edition boxed set — out just in time for Valentine’s Day! — fans can relive the gut-wrenching drama all over again. Literally. With no new EXTRAS or features included, the DVD is virtually identical to the one already in your collection. The only difference is it now comes in a prettier case that’s loaded with lots of pointless stuff — like stickers, stationery, a photo album, and bookmarks. At the very least, they could’ve included a box of Kleenex. Movie: A Gift set: D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands; Director: Nick Cassavetes; Author: Jan Sardi, Jeremy Leven; Runtime (in minutes): 123; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt